Java app that reboots phone...my i415 still hangs...

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
jose1392

Java app that reboots phone...my i415 still hangs...

Post by jose1392 »

I'm no Java programer and i'm wondering if it would all that difficult to create an app that reboots a cell phone on a given interval, say every 300 hours or something like that. I'm still having issues with the i415 where I have to reboot the phone when it hangs. Even with the new version of the sofware for the i415 it lasts about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks without needing a reboot... the problem is it always fails when you most need it...
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

So far there's no way to reboot the phone from a Java app.

More details on this issue is important because this is the first hang report we get on the new i415 version. What's showing on the phone screen when it hangs?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Jose1392

Post by Jose1392 »

I'm not sure if its "hunged" but I'm not getting any more updates on the site for almost 24 hours now and I should. Location hasn't changed and it gets clear view of 5 to 7 sats. I won't be able to get to the phone until tonight but last time this happened it all of the sudden started working on its own again, the interval was 3 hours though not 24+, is there some sorf of failsafe built into the new version that "unhungs " or resets it after a certain ammount of time? I'll give you more details once I have them.

Thanks.
Jose1392

Post by Jose1392 »

AT support, the phone was waiting for me to reply "now" or "later" to a message that read "1Kb free message" download now or later?. I accidentally hit now and it went to "dowloading..." but I hit the end button before that could finish, I don't know what it was downloading so I didn't want to take any risks. When I went to the AT java app it was stuck at sending with 5 satelites in view, but I know it was stuck because in my garage I get 0 satelites. A secon later it changed to 0 sats and searching which is what it should do there until it comes out. Its OK today but not sure what that's all about, it was in fact hunged I think.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I think you either received a spam message, or Nextel boost pushed the message to you (maybe because your data credit is nearly used up?). The spam shouldn't be able to block the network connection so I think it's likely from Nextel. The network connection might have been blocked till you dismissed the message, and AccuTracking was not able to connect out. Once the network is back, tracking works again (Did you restart AccuTracking or reboot the phone?)

Anyway, I suggest call them to verify what that is and how to disable that. Also always make sure you have enough credit in your boost account.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Epoxy

motion activated power switch

Post by Epoxy »

ATSupport wrote:So far there's no way to reboot the phone from a Java app.

More details on this issue is important because this is the first hang report we get on the new i415 version. What's showing on the phone screen when it hangs?
Wouldn't the best way be to use a power switch connection? Sorry for spamming this question all over but does anyone have any information on motion activated power switches?
tremmert

Re: Java app that reboots phone...my i415 still hangs...

Post by tremmert »

I am using a PicAxe to switch on a reed relay to powercycle my phone every 48 hours. Just need to use a T6 to open the phone, attach wires to where the power button makes contact, and connect relay to picaxe. I have it set to hold the power button down for 10 seconds, release, then 30 seconds later it will repeat.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Motion sense is just one of the features of our motion board.

One of the main features is to "clean boot" the phone. This occurs when the unit is idle - and tracking data is not needed. Once the "target" is on the move again - we place a clean boot of the Java application up and active.

We also have different options that monitor the power sense - to verify all is working well. And we also offer our "heartbeat" technology - so even if the unit does not move for an extended period of time - we will force a location check in - with a location, battery status, and other health options.

We have used this for a while - and have had much success in keeping the "spam" and other messages from causing issues. This is a great benefit for those using AccuTracking for 'fleet tracking' where they do not have, no do they want, daily access to the phone. It practically guarentees that you stay up and running.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hang issues are a thing of the past..but I do remember those days!
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob