Hotwiring Boost i450 To Car Battery

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

Post by Guest »

Install a 10 amp inline fuse to the positive wire on the cig lighter cord to protect it from short circuit.
cindy

hotwire

Post by cindy »

Is there someone out there that is willing to prepare the cord with the amp and give me instructions for a $$$.
copter

Post by copter »

Where are you located?
cindy

Post by cindy »

texas
Lasadeyes

Me too me too

Post by Lasadeyes »

I would also be willing to buy one already set up, I am in Washington State.

cindy Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:21 pm Post subject: hotwire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there someone out there that is willing to prepare the cord with the amp and give me instructions for a $$$.
snowbird

HOT/COLD limitations of the i415

Post by snowbird »

Thank ya'll for the information. How is the air cleaner spot working for you? This would really be convenient for me, if the unit can tolerate the motor heat combined with the ambient temp here in the south, what temp tolerances can the i415 stand? Thanks
chrystal

What is DC Volume?

Post by chrystal »

Anonymous wrote:Just a reminder when hooking up to your wife's car, make sure the ring and DC volume is off. Otherwise you are busted when a ring comes under the hood! :D

Just wanted to know what this was so I did not make a mistake!
photonblaster2

Re: hotwire

Post by photonblaster2 »

cindy wrote:Is there someone out there that is willing to prepare the cord with the amp and give me instructions for a $$$.
One do it yourself solution that might not be too tough for you:

1) buy radio shack 12 v dc accessary outlet P/N 270-1556. this looks like a car cigarette lighter power connection taken out of the dashboard. It has a fuse built in, the ground wire has ring terminal for screwing to ground, and a tap connector for easy attachement to a 12 v car wire. (this is what I am using) about $15 I think

2) when everthing is set up, you plug your car adapter into your phone, the "cigarette lighter side" of the adapter into this outlet, and you will connect the wires to convenient wires inside the engine compartment, or under the dash, close to wherever you want to put the phone. The black wire is screwed to a piece of sheetmetal on the car, the other has a "tap adapter" that you just put around a wire carrying 12v from the batter and squeeze it together to make a connection.

It is good to use the car adapter that came with the phone because it has smart charge electronics so your battery will last longer than if you just connect the phone directly to the 12 V.

3) if you do not have the expertise to do the assembly, make sure you know where you want to install the phone, and take everything to an independent car repair shop or a radio/speaker install shop and they shoud be able to do it for you for about 50-100 dolllars.

Good luck, and of course I have to add "proceed at your own risk" :lol: