Loss of Accutracking Service on Boostmobile Phones

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
TheMann

Loss of Accutracking Service on Boostmobile Phones

Post by TheMann »

I have two Boostmobile i415 phones, all paid up, that have been working for past several weeks. But no GPS tracking data has been available on accutracking.com for either phone since March 12, 2:38 pm local Houston time. Accutracking app is running on both and satellite data is being received from 6 to 8 satellites. Location fix is not the issue. I have even pressed "SEND" data key to force data transmission.

I have seen reports from Tech support suggesting some sort of network data outage on Nextel phones in Houston area. Apparently, problem is not limited to Nextel network. Boostmobile phones are also affected. Maybe it's a regional issue. Do Boostmobile phones use Nextel network.

Please identify and fix this issue.

Thanks,

- Dave
zavex

Post by zavex »

Yes, boost uses the same network as Nextel
louvin

Post by louvin »

Not to be too redundant but my earlier posting in a different thread seems like it belongs here. My problems are similar to Dave's
--------------------------------------
I'm using the Boost Mobile i415 package from Accutracking. New account setup with Boost and Accutracking went fine and my initial location was displayed on the Accutracking web map.

Since then no display on web. I have been driving, phone shows that the Accutracking App is active and "sending data" (7 to 9 Sats). Sometimes it shows "cannot connect" and I press the "Send" button to get it going again. Came home, looked at accutrack web map.....nothing...nada...no location display except for the initial tag that showed up when I activated the accutracking service (about 3 hours ago).

I've powered the phone on and off several times. Started the Accutracking app several times. Checked the Boost i415 GPS locator in the phone (it works fine). I'm not involved with Nextel and I don't know what the "Nextel data plan" is. Yes, I have been looking for answers in the Forums.

This can't be a good thing. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lou
jose1392

Post by jose1392 »

Does anyone know if there is a Nextel blog somewhere where one can check if the network is up or not? any website updating the extent of this problem, I have found zero and I keep looking...I'm in DC and have experience the outage for 2 days now.. I thought it was the new i415 software but I will wait for news about the outage....
TheMann

Post by TheMann »

Accutracking is working again here in Houston area as of this evening via Boostmobile.

- Dave
joesgt281

Post by joesgt281 »

TheMann wrote:Accutracking is working again here in Houston area as of this evening via Boostmobile.

- Dave
ditto for me in Houston as well :D
mrberrie

Boost i415 No Longer Tracking in Alabama

Post by mrberrie »

Boost NOT tracking on i415 in Alabama anymore.