Accutracking Software Installation on Boost Motorola i415

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
TheMann

Accutracking Software Installation on Boost Motorola i415

Post by TheMann »

I need help installing Accutracking software on a second Boost Motorola i415 I recently purchased from Best Buy. I have another Boost i415 phone with Starter Kit that I purchased from AccuTracking.com, which is working as a tracking device just fine, so I have a USB data cable.

What specific software do I need to download/install on my PC to be able to load the AccuTracking software from this web site. I have searched the Forums and found several references to a program called WebJal, but no clear instructions on where to get it, install it or use it.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has successfully done this could clearly lay out the step-by-step instructions.

Thanks,

Dave
TheMann

Post by TheMann »

I figured this out myself. Here are the steps I took. There are no doubt other ways of successfully installing AccuTracking software, but the following procedure worked for me.

You will need: PC running Windows XP, Internet access, a USB data cable for the i415 phone, and, of course, an i415 phone.

1. Download USB driver for Motorola IDEN phones from Motorola web site:
http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/sup ... lation.jsp

2. IMPORTANT: Install the USB driver without the USB cable being attached to your computer or phone.

3. Connect USB cable to computer and i415 phone, power on phone, and let Windows XP recognize your new device. Choose automatic installation of driver software. [NOTE: This may not work for versions of Windows other than Windows XP.]

4. Download latest version of Motorola iDEN Java Application Loader (WebJAL):
http://idenphones.motorola.com/idenDeve ... 010103.exe
[NOTE: this is a developer application and must be patched to allow end user use - see Step 6]

5. Install WebJAL application with USB cable disconnected from phone.

6. Download and install an available patch for WebJAL application so that a "blank" username and password will be accepted for the required LOGIN when running WebJAL. I found a patch that worked for me on this website: http://www.harrythompson.com/webjal.htm
The patch is: http://www.harrythompson.com/files_file ... r_file.exe

7. Download and unzip latest AccuTracking software for i415 phone from Accutracking.com:
http://www.accutracking.com (Scroll down page to see list of versions of AccuTracking software available.)

At the time of this forum posting, this is most recent version of AccuTracking software for the Motorola i415 phone: http://www.accutracking.com/downloads/v ... ing265.zip

Remember the directory where you unzipped the above file. It will contain 2 files: AccuTracking.jad and AccuTracking.jar.

8. Connect USB cable to the phone and computer, and power on phone. [NOTE: I have seen reports that some USB hubs can cause communication problems with iDEN phones. So, to eliminate this possibility, connect the USB cable directly to a USB port on your computer. However, I connected to my USB 2.0 6-port hub without problem.]

9. Start WebJAL application on PC. It will take about 1 min to start. If you get any error messages, see website referenced in Step 6 for possible fixes. WebJAL started for me with no problem. Login using a blank username and password (patch required for this – see Step 6). Wait until WebJAL application says "Logged in".

10. At top line of WebJAL program display screen, click on "Connect to Phone". Wait until WebJAL application says "Phone connected" on status line on bottom of application display screen.

11. Click on "Download" button on WebJAL screen. Browse to directory where you unzipped AccuTracking software in Step 7. Select the only file displayed, which is: AccuTracking.jad [NOTE: don't worry that the AccuTracking.jar file is not displayed.]

12. After download of AccuTracking software to your phone is completed, disconnect phone in WebJAL software, and then physically disconnect the USB cable.

13. On i415 phone: press Menu Button, select Java Apps on Main Menu, hit "OK" button. Scroll to the AccuTracking application. [NOTE: You may have more than one page of Java applications - use MORE button, if necessary, to display second page of Java applications.]

14. With AccuTracking application highlighted, click "OK" button to complete installation of AccuTracking software - this takes about 1 minute. Choose to ADD AccuTracking to Menu; click OK to add AccuTracking application to menu.

15. Use PC to go to http://www.Accutracking.com website and Login (if you are a current user). For new users, contact AccuTracking support by email to request access to Login registration page (they will email you a link). Click on "Manage Clients", enter a phone nick name of your choosing, and click on "Generate Tracker ID" to generate a 12-digit tracking ID number for your phone. Write this number down.

16. On i415 phone, click on AccuTracking in list of Java applications to start AccuTracking software.

17. Click on phone Menu button. Select "Setup...". Click "OK". Enter Tracking ID number obtained from Accutracking.com in Step 15. [NOTE: To enter numbers, press Menu button and select "Numeric".] You can change the Send Interval to 1 min (default is 5 min). I highly recommend leaving the default "Smart sending" option selected so position data is transmitted only when location changes to avoid redundant data being transmitted. I leave "Hot GPSâ€
Steve

Post by Steve »

How about uninstalling the current version? Is that done through the phone directly or through WebJAL?
Steve

Post by Steve »

For those that care

- Uninstalling is right through the phone... make sure AccuTrack is not running, goto the "Java Apps" menu, click "More" to see the AccuTrack menu item, click the "Menu" button instead of the "OK" key, "Deinstall" is an option

Also.. the USB install doesn't work on Windows 2003 Server (which is what I have as a workstation at the office)

New version up and running though, great post right above :-)

Now if I could just get the website to update!
rebecca

mac

Post by rebecca »

This Web Jal apparently only works on Windows based computers and I have a Mac (everyone gasp). Does anyone have any advice?
tomelroy

Post by tomelroy »

Well I wish I would have purchased the i415 with the pre loaded software, but I had no idea it would be so time consuming and difficlut to load.

I have down loaded WebJal, the USB drivers, and the Accutrack software (.jad file), but although I know were the .jad file is located, it is not showing up when I try to find it with the download feature on WebJal.

(note) the patch for web jal is not working and I just used my Accutrack user name and password to log in.

Any ideas on what to do? I am dead in the water...
Epoxy

please sticky

Post by Epoxy »

please sticky this... it's the most helpful thread ever