boost mobile i415

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
mrberrie-12

Accutracking SW Version

Post by mrberrie-12 »

MadRabbit, you never did say what Accutracking Version you installed on the phone. Please advise. Thanks! Mrberrie
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

on the 415?

i used the one labeled for the 415.

its the 265/275/710/415 one.

Usually, i test accutracking with the new phones as they come out and then report back to AT, and they update the list accordingly.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie-13

Thanks!

Post by mrberrie-13 »

Thanks! I am trying to find the data cable to do the download with. I will reeport back when I get it working. Thanks again! Mrberrie....
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

again i ask, why dont you just register on this site?
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

Post by Guest »

madrabbitt wrote:Entire process, start to finish.

My secondary job is in EMS, i used to be issued a department nextel. I ran a similar tracking program on it for work, then on my personal phone, i ran accutracking, primarially so my fiancee knew where i was.
Now i carry a blackberry at work, and i use my personal phone for radio, so i cant have a program like this working or i might miss an important group call, plus i wanted to have a phone that was in my car 100% of the time tracking it (although i do turn it off from time to time)

Went to target.
The only phone they had in stock was the i415, which is a good phone, i just wanted a flip, but oh well.
bought said i415. 79.99.
Came home and activated it online.
Called them to make sure MMS was enabled. That is a key step.
Used webjal to load the program.
Created a new client ID and programmed it in.
I have a single cig outlet under the rear seat of my cherokee. I plugged a "rugged" car charger into it (the one with the yellow tab has a longer cord then the one with the white tab) I routed the cord to the phone, put the phone in the back by the spare tire, where it has a good view out the window. I taped over the display to keep it inconspicuous, and now it lives back there and transmits its location info.

The link in my sig is the phone in the car.
Hi,

Thanks for this great information - I am also planning to use this system for tracking my motorcycle.

Just one question - did the data cable to connect the i415 to the PC come with the phone or did you have to buy one?

thanks

Ankur
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

nextel/boost dont include data cables.

you can buy one cheaply on ebay.

OEM is better then some random aftermarket piece.

my reccommendation is the OEM USB with inline charging jack.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

Post by Guest »

hey rabbit why did you make the comment about make sure MMS is enable?
madrabbitt wrote:Entire process, start to finish.

My secondary job is in EMS, i used to be issued a department nextel. I ran a similar tracking program on it for work, then on my personal phone, i ran accutracking, primarially so my fiancee knew where i was.
Now i carry a blackberry at work, and i use my personal phone for radio, so i cant have a program like this working or i might miss an important group call, plus i wanted to have a phone that was in my car 100% of the time tracking it (although i do turn it off from time to time)

Went to target.
The only phone they had in stock was the i415, which is a good phone, i just wanted a flip, but oh well.
bought said i415. 79.99.
Came home and activated it online.
Called them to make sure MMS was enabled. That is a key step.
Used webjal to load the program.
Created a new client ID and programmed it in.
I have a single cig outlet under the rear seat of my cherokee. I plugged a "rugged" car charger into it (the one with the yellow tab has a longer cord then the one with the white tab) I routed the cord to the phone, put the phone in the back by the spare tire, where it has a good view out the window. I taped over the display to keep it inconspicuous, and now it lives back there and transmits its location info.

The link in my sig is the phone in the car.
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

if the system shows you have a i210, i215 or some older phone, packet data isnt going to be enabled for you.

if you make sure mms is enabled, it will make sure you have packet data.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie12

Got The I415

Post by mrberrie12 »

Hello, I got my i415. Loaded Accutracking using webal and the data cable. The phone is sending GPS Data/Info, but Accutracking is NOT picking it up. Data is NOT showing up on Accutracking website. Any recommendations?? Thanks! Mrberrie.....
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

1. register. LOL. j/k
2. is the phone saying "sent" with a timestamp?
3. if so... check the client id # carefully, make sure you typed it in right...
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie13

Motorola Software Version

Post by mrberrie13 »

What Motorola Software version are you running? With webal, where did you dowload your i415 phone version from? I am not talking about Accutracking verion.

BTW, I am registered with this site for a long time now. I have a Nextel i88s and an i860. I need a cheaper and more reliable solution than Nextel. I am so discusted with Nextel. However, I love my Accutracking. Thanks! mrberrie.....
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

i meant register in the forums, that way you can get a reply email.

my webjal is old. 1.1.0.8 thats like 2003 era i think. it authorizes off an apatche box on my intranet.

as long as you always have the latest pst drivers, the webjal version doesnt matter
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.
mrberrie

Boost i415 Issues - Help If You Can!!

Post by mrberrie »

The reason why I don't usually login is because even when I am logged into the Accutracking site I still have to re-lkoggin to the forum. Anyway, I appreciate your reply. However, I was talking about the Motorola IDEN Software version. What version are you running?? I can send GPS data but I don't know where it is going. The Accutracking website is saying" No Data". I will again check my ID but I am 99.9% sure it is correct.
madrabbitt wrote:i meant register in the forums, that way you can get a reply email.

my webjal is old. 1.1.0.8 thats like 2003 era i think. it authorizes off an apatche box on my intranet.

as long as you always have the latest pst drivers, the webjal version doesnt matter
mrberrie

Re: Boost i415 Issues - Help If You Can!!

Post by mrberrie »

Hey Madrabbitt, what are "pst drivers" ? Where do I find them? Is there a link?? Thanks! Mrberrie.....

......as long as you always have the latest [u]pst drivers[/u], the webjal version doesnt matter[/quote][/quote]
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

which software version on which phone?

i've got a small fleet here.

for the PST drivers, just download motorola mobilep hone tools, the drivers are included. Its more stable then the iden usb drivers.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.