Tracking an i860 with Accutracking

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
lisa32123

Tracking an i860 with Accutracking

Post by lisa32123 »

I do not have this phone however, I am asking some questions about it. I am writing a book.

In the book, someone is kidnapped and has her cell phone on.

1. Now, I know that Accutracking can be turned on to automatically start up, but I want to know if it is something that once someone looked at the phone - they would know what's going on.

2. The kidnappers are taking the victim from Chicago to Cincinnati in a car. The cell phone is in her purse. How likely is it that a good signal would be available for her boyfriend to track her whereabouts?

3. Once the kidnappers reach Cincinnati, they will be taking her to a warehouse. How likely is it that the boyfriend will be able to triangulate her position enough to know exactly where she is? If he cannot know exactly where she is, roughly how close can he get?

4. Is the i860 the best phone to say the victim has?

Please respond to this!

Lisa
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Interesting topic. The following lines apply to AccuTracking on i860:

1. The program can be set to auto start on i860. The application screen will show up after the program starts and the user has to push the Red Button on the keypad twice to send it running in backgroud, which is hidden. So if your "victim" has already had the program running in background, the kidnapper won't know it's running.

2. Tracking within Nextel coverage should be no problem if the purse is in the backseat, but not in the back trunk I think.

3. Cannot track inside warehouse but if the tracking sending interval is set to mimimum (1 minute on AccuTracking), her boyfriend could get her last position just 1 minute before she enters the warehouse. And GPS tracking used by AccuTracking is more accurate than tower trangulation - within 100 feet and enough to pinpoint the street. My real experience is even better than that most of the time.

4. The phone is just as good as other supported GPS phones.
Last edited by ATSupport on Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
lisa32123

Post by lisa32123 »

Awesome!

Thank you so much....

Lisa
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

I wouldn't say absolutely "no" to getting a GPS fix in a warehouse. It all depends on many factors such as the type of construction (metal/wood), whether or not there are windows/skylights, etc.
---joe