Research underway to run Accutracking on Palm Treo 650

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
zac

Research underway to run Accutracking on Palm Treo 650

Post by zac »

Hi everybody, hope all are well. Since my move away from Nextel I have missed my Accutracking program. I have been busy researching my Treo 650s ability to run JAD and JAR program files. I have recently discovered JAVA for mobil smart phones like my Treo650. I might add" it works ". You can't believe how many people at my 880 branch corporation have these type of smart cell phones, and I'm sure there are other corporations whos employes have smart phones and would love to run Accutracking. Now that I have done the research and tested Java on the Treo 650 is there any way that the creators of Accutracking can do something to help people like me with these type cells?? The last time I asked I was given a plain old " NO " and that was it. As a used to be user of this app who has braged and showed countless people the Accutracking Web Site at home and work I was thinking maybe I could get a little more consideration then just " NO ". What do ya say fellows?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Totally understand your need. :) Treo + Bluetooth GPS is workable for GPS tracking but not as ready as iDEN series. However, for map navigation systems, it's a very good combination with it's big color screen. I think that's why there are not many tracking applications on Treo while you see tons of products when googling "iden gps tracking". Honestly, we only vision Treo development, if there's any, to be after BlackBerry 7520, which is a more straight solution we haven't supoorted yet. Sorry.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Zac

Treo 650 and Accutracking

Post by Zac »

Thanks very much for that info. How about this? Is there a way to just get Accutracking to run on Treo only to up load info to the web site so I can just look at info from my PC? That is really my only goal so I can continue to MAp out my travels wile hikeing and mountain bikeing in the woods. I am taking your sentance apart here, you said treo and GPS is workable?? That sounds promicing or do I misunderstand?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

They are technically workable but we are not planning the development. For example, PocketPC + GPS receiver is workable too but is not our target. So sorry to say that the answer is still no, at least not anytime soon.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

If at some point in the future, Accutracking makes use of the JSR-179 Location API, then porting to other J2ME platforms would be a possiblity. Given that only one or two of the newest Nextel models supports this API, I can understand why Accutracking hasn't pursued this development path. Especially since the all the phones support the Moto OEM Location API.

Please understand that this is my personal opinion and I'm not speaking for the development team that has produced this excellent app. I regard it as one of the best offerings of its kind out there.
---joe
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

BTW. i'd love you forever if you ever did the bb 7520. :D
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.