Web Sticker

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
atdssfo

Web Sticker

Post by atdssfo »

I am trying to set up a web page using the stickers for both phones in my system. Both of them have pasted in OK and display as expected on the page. The text data is correct (or at least matches the accutracking website info) but when I click on MAP no matter which of the phones I chose the location shown is just for the one phone (called sfo1), I cannot see the location of the second phone.

Is this an inherent problem with using the stickers or can one have multiple stickers on one web page each showing the location of a different phone?

Any help greatly appreciated. I can post the html code I'm using if it helps.

Lin :?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Change your bowser's cache settings to "automatic". The browser is caching the map image.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
atdssfo

web stickers

Post by atdssfo »

I have checked and my cache is set to automatic. It doesn't matter which phone I chose first, both maps display the same data. It is strange because the text on the sticker is correct for each phone.

LIN
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Checked your account and didn't see any problem. Your two clients' position are very close on map but they are different. BTW, my browser is FireFox.
AccuTracking Support
lfarmer91761

Web Sticker

Post by lfarmer91761 »

It works fine on your website, I can easily see both phones and their locations are different. The problem is when I take the sticker and place it on my website that both stickers show the same map; the text location info is for the appropriate phone but both maps show the same phone. Should I send you the code for that page and you can see what is happening?

Lin
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

You can email me your website or HTML code.
AccuTracking Support

Web Sticker

Post by Guest »

I have sent you an email with my code. As you can see it does not matter which map you select, you only see the location of phone sfo1. What do I have to do to the code to make it display the selected phone?

thanks
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Didn't get your email. Where did you send to?

You can post your HTML or web URL here.
AccuTracking Support
JerryAVT

Web Sticker -- multiple on one page

Post by JerryAVT »

The code that is generated on the site for the web sticker needs to be modified when you have more than one sticker on a web page.

The first tag in the code is MAP. The value for NAME= parameter is "AccuTracking" -- change this to a unique value in each sticker (I just appended the user's name (ie "AccuTrackingJoe").

The second tag in the code is IMG. At the end of that tag there is a USEMAP= parameter. Change its value from "AccuTracking" to the same value as you did the NAME parameter in the MAP tag.

In other words the NAME= parameter in the MAP tag and the USEMAP= parameter in the IMG tag must be set to unique values in the code for each sticker so that they do not conflict with each other.

An alternative to the Stickers that I like better is that I put a link on my site to a page that contains the following code:

Code: Select all

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>AccuTracking - Adjuster Tracking</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload="document.form1.submit();">
<form name="form1" method="post" action="http://www.accutracking.com/login.php">
<input name="user" value="YOUR LOGIN NAME" type="hidden" id="user6" size="16" maxlength="10">
<input name="pwd" type="hidden" value="YOUR PASSWORD" id="pwd2" size="16" maxlength="10">
</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Clicking on the link opens the page which then automatically submits the from to Accutracing.com/login.php and logs you into the site. I use a sub account with no admin privileges.

Web Sticker

Post by Guest »

JerryAVT,

Thanks a bunch. That bit of code is exactly what I needed. Now my customers and staff can check on the actions of our drivers at their convenience and not need to bother me. I like the sub-account idea, I didn't even know that existed.

Sincerely,

Lin Farmer
JerryAVT

Web Sticker

Post by JerryAVT »

Your welcome. I should add that on my site, I use some Javascript to make the linked page appear in a popup window -- that way my users can keep the page open in the background.