i710 with software version R2B.02.02 ?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
briank

i710 with software version R2B.02.02 ?

Post by briank »

Just purchased an i710 with software version R2B.02.02

Failed Download with status code:904(Attribute Mismatch) Please retry.

The 'highest' software version in the Nextel MAM is R2B.02.01

What do i do?

Yes i read the other posts but i don't see an answer. I have dowloaded and tried different downloads for the 710.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

I prefer the cable upload method. Get a cable, and do it yourself! :)

I never had great luck with MAM...
I can't be tracked anymore... :(
briank

Can you give me more to go on, I am totally unfamiliar...

Post by briank »

Can you give me more to go on, I am totally unfamiliar with how this works.

If i get a different phone will i be able to use the mam (what ever that stands for :?: )?

Thank you in advance for clarifying this for me.

-Brian
JNick

i710 problem

Post by JNick »

It doesn't have anything to do with the method you use to upload...the program will upload to the phone on the MAM page using the SW ver numbers for the 730...the problem is always trying to INSTALL AND RUN the program on the phone. The new Accutracking version has never installed on the i710...it always gives the same error message: "904 attribute mismatch", regardless of the sw version numbers you select from the MAM page. THE ONLY VERSION of accutracking that I've been able to successfully install on the i710 is the first one-- V 1.3 I found in in the forum somewhere under a member's posting.
n8rvs

Post by n8rvs »

I have an I710 R2B.02.02. I successfully loaded and am running ver 2.01
with no problems. I uploaded the program with the usb cable and myjal apollo edition. If anyone wants the myjal software I can point them in the right direction. :wink:
Darrel

i710 904 error

Post by Darrel »

As a developer, I encountered the same problem with versions of a program for both 710 and 730. The real problem is that MAM (mobile application manager) requires that if the program name, vendor and version all match, it MUST be the same Jar file. Since the i730 needs a different Jar than the i710, the recent distribution is faulty because they both say the same version.
i730 was uploaded first so it set the "proper" jar.

The fix is for Accutracking to repackage the 710 code by chaning the version in Jad file and MANIFEST.MF in the Jar (e.g. from version 1.0 to 1.0.710).
Since the code does not need to be recompiled, only the jar program and a text editor are needed.
Skibum

Post by Skibum »

Stick around Darrel....

It's great to hear from a programmer every now and then! :)
I can't be tracked anymore... :(
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Darrel, thank you very much for the great findings! It's awesome.

We have been speculating why MAM doesn't like the i710 installation package (we've thought i710's new firmware version was not updated in MAM). We were installing via phone cable.
MAM (mobile application manager) requires that if the program name, vendor and version all match, it MUST be the same Jar file
But we have the i58sr/i88s package installs fine with the same name, vendor and version as i730. :?:

We'll verify and update the i710 installation package. Thank you again!
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Darrel

MAM and versions

Post by Darrel »

Partly speculation, but the App note mentioned phone firmware. Older firmware may not compare the Jar hash, thus the lack of trouble on the i88.
Jack

i710

Post by Jack »

I am having the same problem installing from the MAM ... mismatch ... my question ... does the software version that I enter at the MAM upload have any effect ??? ... ir so, should the version entered be 2.0.2 or 1.0.710 ???
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The i710 download link has been update on the frontpage. Try the new zip. In MAM try selecting all R2B.02.## versions.
AccuTracking Support
mikedr

Same problem with 710

Post by mikedr »

I am also unable to load AccuTracking to an i710 via MAM. Tried latest v2.0.1 from home page. The ONLY 2B.02.xx option on MAM for AT and for handset was R2B.02.01, they both matched. Any other ideas?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The i710 zip was just updated today, please try again. If it still doesn't work...cable install? :?
AccuTracking Support
jbanaszewski

Post by jbanaszewski »

I am trying to install on an i710, also. I get the samae message - Failed Download with status code:904 (Attribute Mismatch). I have been trying for about a week now to install. I do not know how to cable install. Please help.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

v2.1 beta for i710 is available at http://www.accutracking.com/downloads/beta/. Try that and see if it works with your phone firmware.
AccuTracking Support