Kyocera DuraXT -- Shut down app automatically overnight

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
daleblizz

Kyocera DuraXT -- Shut down app automatically overnight

Post by daleblizz »

Hello,
I'm completely new to AccuTracking, but have been impressed so far.
I downloaded your app on to a Kyocera DuraXT -- followed directions and everything went smooth and easy. It worked great when I took it out for some test drives.
I sent the app to background and that also worked fine.
But when I got up this morning, the app had apparently shut itself down. I was able to start it back up and it's working again. It might be I just don't what I'm doing yet, but is there any way to keep this app running? My daughter is going to take a road trip soon, I chose the DuraXT because it has a long battery life and I already have a phone number and data service on it -- so adding on AccuTracking seems like the perfect solution. (She knows it's on there and could restart, but that's not a solution if she really does get in an emergency situation.)
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Dale
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Kyocera DuraXT -- Shut down app automatically overnight

Post by ATSupport »

The phone kills the background apps as necessary (to save battery, to sleep...). There doesn't seem to be a way to get around this. Older Kyocera firmware doesn't do this but newer ones might.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
daleblizz

Post by daleblizz »

Thanks for the fast response -- that makes sense. I'll see if I can find a way around it.
daleblizz

Post by daleblizz »

I think by sheer, dumb luck I was able to find the right combination of things to keep the app running. So everything is good now. Thanks for giving us a free week to play with AccuTracking and figure it out. I went ahead and subscribed today.