Program keeps shutting down

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

Program keeps shutting down

Post by Guest »

I have a Sanyo Innuendo and the past week or so the program will close after 8-10 hrs of running. This is the only thing the phone is used for. There has been no other activity on the phone (incoming calls or text messages).

Re: Program keeps shutting down

Post by Guest »

This morning I started it at 7:30 and it closed at 12:15.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That's a known issue. To work around that please keep the AccuTracking
app running in foreground, don't put it in background. The phone OS
cuts off the network for background apps after a while.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

I think I am running in foreground. Have never done anything to put it in background. I just start the app and close the phone - nothing else.

Post by Guest »

Is there something I have to do to run it in foreground?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Don't close the flip, let the screen timeout.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

So I have to keep the phone open all the time? I waited for the phone to time out before closing and it still shuts down the program. The odd thing is that it was not doing this before.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Yes keep the flip open so it can be kept foreground.
AccuTracking Support

Post by guest »

I am having the exact same issue. Same Phone too. Started in the past week. I have always opened the app, hit the end button, then choose run in background option, then close the phone, has worked perfectly in this manner for many months now. Runs great this way for months at a time, now all of the sudden this week it shuts down on my 3 times. I'm going to try and pull the battery for 30 seconds. I have not rebooted the phone in a while. Hope that will help. But I just wanted to let you know you are not the only one having the issue. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Let us know what you find out.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I had this issue a few years ago with a Motorola CLUTCH on Boost mobile. Worked excellent for the first 6 months in Canada. Then all of the sudden the updates stopped.

It wasn't even regular times after a reboot that it would stop. just random times.

My personal opinion is that the Telco's don't want these to be transmitting all the time, and are probably killing the connections ( Network) to the phones. Just didn't sit right with me. They didn't make any money from them, so why have good service. Accutracking app was always still running and did not have any in the cache, so it was being sent somewhere.

This is why I am going to go to a dedicated tracker and try my luck there.