Phantom Locates

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Nick

Phantom Locates

Post by Nick »

I am getting "network location" hits from places hundreds or thousands of miles from me, and almost every time it is the exact location of a phone I have called from a LANDLINE in close proximity to my cell, which is running Accutracking but not in use at the moment of the locate. It also seems to record "network location" destination hits from calls made from a nearby cell phone. It happens several times a day. Any idea how this happens?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Phantom Locates

Post by ATSupport »

What's your phone model? Have you tried to power cycle the phone?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

Samsung Galaxy SII - yes it's power-cycled daily. The question is, How does accutracking pick up the "network location" of the remote call dialed or received on a LANDLINE?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I am not sure if that's just a coincidence -theoretically it shouldn't, because our app doesn't even know your last call information (if you look at the app's permission, there's no such permission).
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

No way it's coincidence. Happens too often, too accurate for destination/origin of the caller's location. Today received a call from a cell at Houston IAH airport, 1500 miles away. Accutracking recorded the exact "network location" of the caller in the airport at the exact moment of the call. Same thing happened this past week in Denver, Chicago, Newark and Boston. Very weird.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Did you ever install any app that locates the caller?
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

On my accutracking phone? No, except for google's Latitudes, which has been retired by google. Meantime, The mysterious "network locations" continue right up through today.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Is your phone rooted? Does it have a custom kernel/ROM?
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

Uh, no idea. don't think so - sprint network, factory defaults preset
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Try to backup your phone contacts/data, and do a full factory reset. Looks like another GPS app is running.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

It continues - all "network locates" from remote locations of calls sent/received often on other devices. Is it possible data from another Accuracking user is bleeding into mine?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Guest wrote:It continues - all "network locates" from remote locations of calls sent/received often on other devices. Is it possible data from another Accuracking user is bleeding into mine?
Please just generate a new tracker id and see if that solves it.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

This issue seems to be related to the use of bluetooth on the phone. Only occurs when bluetooth is running and receives network locates of other wifi transmissions in proximity. For example, the other day my accutracking recorded the exact position of two participants on a webex conference call via desktop and landline. Also Yesterday, It recorded the destination of call made from cell phone of passenger next to me on plane parked at gate. I verified both with the participants. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
Confused

Post by Confused »

Is this guy for real? There is no technical explanation for locations of the called party. or the person next to you on the plane...

Are they using the accutracking app with your tracker ID number?

Im confused about this one....