Sleeping vs. smart sending?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

Sleeping vs. smart sending?

Post by Guest »

What is the difference between the two?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Sleeping vs. smart sending?

Post by ATSupport »

Sleeping is shutting off GPS to conserve power. Smart sending is to filter out duplicate locations to reduce network bandwidth use.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

I also have a problem with the phone not sending - sometimes up to an hour. When I check the phone it will say low accuracy even though I am standing outside where there are no obstructions.Also when the phone is in the vehicle the only thing between the phone and the sky is a piece of glass. After the vehicle leaves a location it will take 30-45 minutes for it to send a location. It's a Sanyo Innuendo.

Post by Guest »

ATSupport wrote:Sleeping is shutting off GPS to conserve power. Smart sending is to filter out duplicate locations to reduce network bandwidth use.

So with the sleeping feature I don't need to use "smart sending"?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

No, the are irrelevant. Sleep is in-between the updates and user cannot change it in the app. "smart sending" is for location comparison.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
timpane

Post by timpane »

when the phone is in the vehicle the only thing between the phone and the sky is a piece of glass. After the vehicle leaves a location it will take 30-45 minutes for it to send a location. It's a Sanyo Innuendo. 8)
X-man