Innuendo vs Rumor Reflex

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
maxim1

Innuendo vs Rumor Reflex

Post by maxim1 »

So I purchased the Rumor Relex to replace my old iden phone with the pay as you go plan, so .50 a day for the data plan.
It would lose the accutracking signal and not come back. I had to manually refresh the phone when I got it back. I read in the forum the Innendo phone worked better.
So now I have both phones in the one vehicle. 2 phones, 2 accounts. Yesterday was the first test.
Both were tracking for about 2 hours. Then the Reflex stopped and never came back while the Innuendo did stop for a short bit but came back and tracked the rest of the day.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Innuendo vs Rumor Reflex

Post by ATSupport »

Thanks for sharing your tests. The Rumor Reflex shuts down the network access for background apps after a while. Innuendo has no such behavior and is more reliable.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
maxim1

Post by maxim1 »

Day 2.
Both phones were tracking all night while in the garage.
Vehicle left 12:30, went 3 miles, both phones stopped tracking 4 miles away.
Never came back.
They were not in background.
Vehicle returned.
Refreshed the Reflex and started tracking, Refreshed Innuendo and still has not started tracking.
Did not see any checkbox to use Cell Tower tracking.
Both phones listed the Acquiring signal and had last sent as 12:35.
Why did it never send again even though it had last acquired with the updated time for the last 10 minutes since the vehicle has been back but Last Sent still 12:35.
I have Hot GPS on both phone, with 3.4.4.
Any Ideas.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Was "Smart Sending" enabled on the phone? Looks like it's filtering out data due to non movement?
AccuTracking Support
maxim1

Post by maxim1 »

No, smart sending was not enabled. Just Hot GPS on both phones.
Should I be able to have the cell tower tracking?
maxim1

Post by maxim1 »

Today,
No problem, both phones tracked all day.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

As both phones exhibits similar behaviors at about the same time, I'm thinking about the signal coverage in the area. How is the Boost Mobile reception in the area?
AccuTracking Support
maxim1

Post by maxim1 »

Vehicle went out today. Both tracked fine until vehicle went into underground parking.
Usually loose it there.
Innuendo came up after exiting, Reflex never did.
I guess I will return the Reflex.
There you go.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

We now officially removed LG Rumor Reflex from the supported phone list due to its network disconnection issue.
AccuTracking Support
froggieg

Post by froggieg »

Well, great. I ran into the same problem with the Rumor Reflex but I have an i290 that's still working so I'll go back to that in the meantime. So is there a consensus among users as to what's the best and most reliable tracking solution (minus the iDEN phones since they are going to be discontinued eventually) and what carrier works best? Boost was great until switching to the Rumor Reflex and I'd like to know what's been working the best for other users. Thanks! :)

Post by Guest »

what test is this? I am interested.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

So far the best phone we found on Boost Mobile is Kyocera Innuendo.

Another new phone from Boost Mobile, Samsung Array, works as well but seems to have stability issues.
froggieg wrote:Well, great. I ran into the same problem with the Rumor Reflex but I have an i290 that's still working so I'll go back to that in the meantime. So is there a consensus among users as to what's the best and most reliable tracking solution (minus the iDEN phones since they are going to be discontinued eventually) and what carrier works best? Boost was great until switching to the Rumor Reflex and I'd like to know what's been working the best for other users. Thanks! :)
AccuTracking Support
froggieg

Post by froggieg »

ATSupport wrote:So far the best phone we found on Boost Mobile is Kyocera Innuendo.

Another new phone from Boost Mobile, Samsung Array, works as well but seems to have stability issues.
froggieg wrote:Well, great. I ran into the same problem with the Rumor Reflex but I have an i290 that's still working so I'll go back to that in the meantime. So is there a consensus among users as to what's the best and most reliable tracking solution (minus the iDEN phones since they are going to be discontinued eventually) and what carrier works best? Boost was great until switching to the Rumor Reflex and I'd like to know what's been working the best for other users. Thanks! :)
What about other phones on other carriers? Are there some reliable solutions that you can suggest? I'm not married to Boost so I'd switch is there is a phone or device that's been proven to be more reliable than a Boost phone.
brownjett

Post by brownjett »

I still love my Accutracking! However, can someone please explain the usefulness of the ALT (altitude) information when it changes say from 144 to 77 or 12 and the target is still in the same location what is that telling me? Thanks! mrberrie....
brown
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Altitude is less significant in determining if a GPS record is valid. We have a nice user-submitted post on this topic: Significance of the Altitude Reading
AccuTracking Support