Battery life on Galaxy S3 w/ ICS

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
vlchild

Battery life on Galaxy S3 w/ ICS

Post by vlchild »

I have been using accutracking for several years on iDen, Berry, and Android. I know the settings that cause excessive battery drain and have never ran into this problem. My son's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 that came with ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) aka 4.0.[4]. Regardless of settings, intervals, etc the program dominates his battery usage to the tune of nearly 40%. It actually shortens his battery life from two days to less than 8 hours. I confirmed this by simply turning off accutrack and his battery life bounces right back up.

I am about to install it on my Razr MAXX with ICS to try to narrow it down further. In the past accutrack has not had an issue likie this on Android 2 & 3 versions.

Anyone else running into this same issue?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Battery life on Galaxy S3 w/ ICS

Post by ATSupport »

What's your AccuTracking settings? Like refresh rate and hot gps setting?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
AdamGray

Re: Battery life on Galaxy S3 w/ ICS

Post by AdamGray »

Ensure there are no programs running in the background. Android is awesome for multitasking but most of the time this can lead to un-noticed programs running in the background of your Samsung Galaxy S3.

Also ensure you have everything up to date and that your samsung galaxy s3 is charged via the mains charger and not the USB charger.