LG Rumor Reflex - Maximum Speed indicated is 19 MPH?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
ima2nr

LG Rumor Reflex - Maximum Speed indicated is 19 MPH?

Post by ima2nr »

Just got the LG Rumor Reflex as recommended - the Maximum Speed indicated is 19 MPH, but I'm driving at 70-80mph, easily over a 30 mile distance? any suggestions? this seems like a very unlikely bug given GSP position calculations. thanks
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: LG Rumor Reflex - Maximum Speed indicated is 19 MPH?

Post by ATSupport »

We did extensive tests on the Rumor Reflex and had no such observations. Where is the phone left in the car? Move it to the dashboard and see if it helps.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

the phone was in my lap for a test drive. I am a previous Accutracker customer using the i290 phone with no such issues... I can provide my tracking data/login if you would like to investigate, the phone is updating beautifully every 10 seconds, so it seems odd to me as well. It's almost as if it is a mathmatical calculation error, nothing more. please advice.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

There should be a speed reading on the AccuTracking screen on the phone as well. Was it reading accurate?
AccuTracking Support
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

I did not observe the screen directly while driving, I only looked at the Accutracking Website to review the data after making the drive to work today. I will look at the screen torrow am on the way to work and post my results tomorrow. in the mean time can you please check my account data fro the drive to see what I'm describing? thank you.
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

I confirmed that while driving the Phone's display shows "0 miles an hour", although the Lon/Lat measurements are changing every few seconds. I attempted to reinstall the software, but the issue was not resolved. my software version is v3.4.2

I actually made a video of the LG's Rumor Reflex screen showing the Lon/Lat updating, you can see the car is moving, yet the MPH is set to zero. alos, the phone always says "heading is N", when I was driving South.

If you would like to privately share a cell phone number I will MMS the video I took from my iphone so you can see precisely what is happening.

I appreciate your top notch tech support, as I said before, I am a satisfied returing accutracking customer, just working thru the learning curve as I move from the previous i290 boost mobile phone to this new model.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That sounds very likely GPS hardware related to me. Is it on the latest firmware? You can check it by "Home" > "Main Menu" > "Tools" > "Update Phone" > "Update firmware".
AccuTracking Support
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

If the GPS hardware has an issue, it seems odd the phones screen says "o mph", but the online tracking history shows the trip randomly 0 thru 19mph speeds (the phone is traveling a steady 60-75mph for 31 miles during the test.

also, I completely reste the phone back to factory specs, I downloaded the Accutracker (vs. the mms to the cells phone number), and reset up the settings. als, the firmware is uptodate, and the PRL is upto date as well. I will retest agian in the morning on my way to work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

On the way to work this AM (my drive is 30 miles each direction), the speed indicator on the phone was working very well (after a complete phone erase and reset and AccuTracking software reinstall).

But, when I review the same trip on the Tracking Log, the speed is either 0 thru 22 mph max. (I observed a speed of 78mph many times on the phone).

To make it more complicated, randomly it seems the phone stops transmitting its location, although the "Signal" on the AccuTracking software says 80% or better.

On the drive home the phone would not indicate any mph. (The Tracking Log still has the approx 1/4 actual speed recorded.

As a side note only: I liked the "number of Satellites" being tracked on the previous version much better, I'm not sure if the new software is indicating a good Satellite signal or good cellular signal?

Here are some of the phone specifics:
Operating System: brew mp
S/W Version: LG272ZV6
H/W Version: Rev1.0
PRL Version: PRL 61009
PRI Checksum: 0x1036DF7C
Browser Version: NetFront 4.2
MMS Version: L12.49R_03

Advanced:
SID: 4274
Channel: 325
Frequency: 1900
Technology: Digital

AccuTracking:
Version: 3.4.2
GPS: Always Allow
Launch Power On: Yes
Launch Background: Yes
Delete Protect: Yes

Setup:
Send Interval (Mins): 1
Tracker ID: *****PRIVATE
Options:
Smart Sending: no
Hot GPS: YES
Auto Interval: no
Pwd protect: no

Please advice on how you feel the issues I'm experiencing can be corrected. If you wish I will gladly ship this phone to you with a prepaid return shipping label. Keep it for a week or two and see observe these issues for yourself.

I want to acknowledge I understand you are basing your service on a third party piece of hardware, which is subject to revisions and changes by the manufacturer at anytime without notice. I say this to remind others that might be following this post to realize what a monumental task that is, and to also point out how extremely impressive it is you have been successfully doing so across multiple platforms for almost a decade. (Especially with product evolutions that come and go with the blink of an eye nowadays).

Again, thank you! I anxiously await you suggestions.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

First thank you for the very detailed writeup. The "Number of Satellites" is unavailable for this phone because it does not provide APIs for that info.

We have a few of these phones for testing so thanks for offering the phone but for now we'll perform more testing on these phones. Once speed reading is confirmed a bug we'll fix it.

Did it resume on itself after "randomly" stopping transmitting locations? If yes then it's less of a concern as this is usually caused by poor/unstable network coverage. Otherwise, it's a problem.

Finally thanks for the support and understanding! We are going to test this for a few days then get you updated.
AccuTracking Support
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

as to resuming by itself, I cannot confirm. I will say I opened the Application Manager, hit the Refresh Button, started the app. rebooted the phone, etc. multiple times before it seemed to work again.

I will test some more myself over the next few days and continue to share any new information.

Thanks again
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

Here are my results from this morning’s drive to work:

The MPH on the phone is accurate to my vehicles speedometer (+/- a few mph)

I checked the vehicles speed at multiple landmarks along the drive, and the historical tracking mph speed records seem to be exactly 25% of my actual speed of travel. I would suspect this is a simple calculation/conversion error that can be verified and corrected with minimal effort.

I left the phone in my vehicle with the hot GPS on, knowing the battery would die at some point. (The cigarette lighter plug in only energized with the key in the run position).

The LG Rumor’s battery gave out after 3hrs and 45mins. After work I started the car around 6pm (9hrs later) and the LG Rumor's screen lit up, said it was charging, but the phone remained "turned off". I drove all the way home, and checked the tracking record. Nothing was reporting for the drive home. Then I turned the phone "on" by pressing the pwr button on the top edge of the phone. (but I did not open/start any applications). Again I waited approx 25 minutes, checked the tracking record and no new records.

Then I went to phones Main Menu > My Stuff > Applications (not ‘Application Manager’) > AccuTracking > "RUN". I did not press anything else; I just laid the phone down. Now the phone is tracking again (Perfectly might I add... it is so precise I can tell which room of my home the phone is physically in looking at the map view).

So for the 25 minutes or so the phone was "on" but not tracking, the phone’s ‘background applications icon’ was showing "1+" indicating the Tracking application had indeed auto started and was running in the back ground. The down side is the application was waiting for me to initiate the tracking by pushing “RUN”. Is it possible for you to add one additional line of programming to virtually "press" the RUN button to auto-activate the tracking software in this scenario?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Auto start is part of the phone settings and can be set by "Main Menu" > "My Stuff" > "Applications", press "AccuTracking" to highlight it, then press "More" > "Settings", then enable "Launch Power On" and "Launch Background". This way it'll auto start when phone powers on without human intervention.

We're still looking into the speed reading issue. Thanks for sharing your driving test.
AccuTracking Support
ima2nr

Post by ima2nr »

from my earlier post (current settings):

AccuTracking:
Version: 3.4.2
GPS: Always Allow
Launch Power On: Yes
Launch Background: Yes
Delete Protect: Yes

hence the issue that it does not 'auto start'
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Oh sorry I missed that part. I tested just now and it actually auto started for me as expected. I'll test more and see if that's reproducible.
AccuTracking Support