android troubleshooting

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
floratine

android troubleshooting

Post by floratine »

How do you open the troubleshooting mode on the HTC android phones? My phone worked fine for a few days. Now I have to hard reset every day to make it work. Hard to do when covert. Hope troubleshooting will point out issue.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: android troubleshooting

Post by ATSupport »

[ADDED ON 12/03/2012] We now have a new Configuration Tool app that can be used to reveal the covert version for troubleshooting. Once it's brought up to the foreground you can follow the normal troubleshooting process for the regular version - by checking the status message on the screen and look it up here.

The Configuration Tool app can be downloaded from the covert app download page.

[EDITED ON 12/03/2012: The info below is outdated. Please see next post for up-to-date info]
Unfortunately there's no easy way to troubleshoot the covert version due to its covert feature. To troubleshoot, you'll have to install the regular version and let it run a few days and check the AccuTracking screen when it stops tracking.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
lunghuang07

Post by lunghuang07 »

When following the links on the website at the page you provided with the Configuration Tool download I find that the hyperlinked text for the covert app installs "accutracking.apk" and the QR code downloads "*****.apk." Which is the correct version? I am trying to install the covert app on a Kyocera Hydro and when I run the Configuration Tool it tells me the main app cannot be found. I have tried both the hyperlink and the QR, but this is rather concerning.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The correct configuration tool for accutracking.apk should be AccuTrackingConfigurer.apk

I checked the download page and it's right.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

I still get two different file names on the download screen under the covert version. The hyperlink is one and the QR code is another, both are different sizes and different names. I have tried this on two different devices with different OS on them. I get the same problem on both. When I run the Configuration Tool it says the main app cannot be found. Sorry, but I don't believe you looked closely enough at your download page.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Can you please email the download page your used to me support@accutracking.com
AccuTracking Support