All devices dead after 20-35 days while charging ...

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Jim

All devices dead after 20-35 days while charging ...

Post by Jim »

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing serious issue. All my boost mobile phones (i412 and i296) after approx. 30 days are dead. I was experimenting with this issue for 2 month now and finally I have realized and the reason is because are consistently connected to the charger!

After unplugged for a few hours and restarting it work for few days. I have disconnected phones for 2 days, turned on and plugged to charged -> worked for 20 - 35 days good and after all dead again.

Is Boost mobile make some soft that forcing phone to this behavior?
Do you have any solution for it?

How is the kit sell at accutracking store? Is it experiencing this problem?

I have a device hidden in the vehicle so nobody know about it that is why consistently is connected to the charger and do not have another solution.

Please help
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: All devices dead after 20-35 days while charging ...

Post by ATSupport »

Check the car charger first. Maybe the phone is overheated while constantly charging and shut down. The charger should have "smart chip" built in preventing overcharging.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Jim

Post by Jim »

nothing like this ... I have 4 units, one charger from Sprint, 2nd from eBay, 2 from Best Buy, (means .. all not the same) but all devices behave the same way... dead

Based on your respond I am guessing nobody was experiencing this issue ...

Any other ideas?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

There were similar reports on dead phones due to cold weather: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1627

When you say it's "dead", it's completely off on just freeze with some messages on the screen?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Jim

Post by Jim »

phone is off and on the screen is a message "charging completed".

I took one of the phones after "crash", turned it on and left on my, after 2 days I see phone is off with the "charging message". What I done was to remove charger, phone was dead after few hours (due HOT GPS settings), I have plugged back to the charger, turned on and worked good ... for 22 days and again same issue. Phone was on my desk so no GPS signal but I don't think so was overheated.

Additionally I have sat all devices few months ago to remove all massage and mails after 1 day automatically (get on forum that this can make phone crash).

I have even different phones models and all experiencing same issue, were dropping one after another. And on the end I do have a Spring phone i580, it does not have this issue at all.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Jim; we have seen this issue before. The "phone" was never meant to be on 24/7 plugged into a charger. We have seen it crash all the time like this. Some chargers seem to work better than others, but they all die after a while, and require a restart. There is no known fix for this, other than the power cycle. Our motion board will do this power cycle, but you would only get 4-6 weeks on battery before needing a recharge.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
Jim

Post by Jim »

After research I have found "battery eliminator" device that allow connect the cell phone directly to car battery by "decoy battery" box converter place in the phone instead of regular battery and eliminated use car charger. Anybody has any experience with this type device?