Verizon

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
willieb

Verizon

Post by willieb »

I work for a small phone company that is considering AccuTracking for our mobile workforce.

It's exactly what we are looking for to replace our current GPS Fleet tracking service as they both have similar features.

Is this service widely used? I'm just curious as the forum doesn't look very active. Maybe it just works lol. Another concern of ours is the outdated information in your knowledgebase about Verizon:

We are testing with a few Verizon phones and 2 out of 3 phones are working fine. A newer Droid and Blackberry accesses GPS info correctly but an older Blackberry (8330) says GPS not accessible on this phone. That shouldn't be a problem for us as we can simply replace the old phone.

The service and site though seems to work great so far. We will test for the free month and if all goes well we will probably put several phones on this service.

An iPhone app would also be great as it now supports background running apps.

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Verizon

Post by ATSupport »

Yes our service is widely used within US by fleet owners, law enforcement, and individual users. We also have resellers reselling our service under private labels.

You are right about the Verizon phone models are outdated but there are still many users having those phones and checking compatibility with our service. We leave it there on purpose for those users.

We don't support iPhone yet due to some difficulties to bring it up to the same user experience and performance as on other platforms.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
willieb

Post by willieb »

Thanks for the quick reply.

It may be a good idea to start a post with compatible Verizon phones, or in other words, Verizon phones reported to work by customers.

The reason I say this is that by reading your knowledgebase I would have guessed that your service doesn't work with most or all Verizon phones. I just decided to try a couple more phones and they worked! If you create such a post (or I may start one if we decide to go with the service, so far so good...) I would contribute...

Thanks again.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Thanks for the great suggestions. Will add a list.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com