was working fine for a week, then....

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.

was working fine for a week, then....

Post by guest »

Not sure whats going on. Everything was working fine for 7 days. I have it set to "hot" ... and it works like a charm, everyday. But then today the unit traveled 30 miles, through 20 feces, parked in once fence for a hour, left the fence, then finally updated on the map for about a mile, then it just dissapeared from the map again for the last 2 hours, but the unit is about 20 miles away from the last known location, and its inside a fence, and still hasnt updated? It seems like a signal problem? Is there anything that is known to block the gps reception in a vehicle? The phone still rings and answers, there is service and the gps is enabled. The software functions or the phone have not been touched in over a week since I installed it. Do you think the phone is freezing up for running the software on "hot" for over a week?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: was working fine for a week, then....

Post by guest »

the phone was used for about 3 hours last night, do you think that could have prevented the gps from working properly? The unit is on the road again right now, but am getting now new information, last update was 4 hrs 58 min ago ?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

If it's a Motorola i### phone on Boost Mobile, calling it can stop the tracking. More details is listed in section 8 at http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000072

Where is it installed in the vehicle? I guess the GPS reception is the issue here.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by guest »

I have a t-mobile my touch. I am pretty sure it is not the location of the unit. Here is the way it looked all week, taking the same road... this is what it looked like earlier today for a few minutes, but still no new updates.

Post by guest »

still stuck... ? last update:

Speed: 16 mph
Heading:
Altitude: 232 feet
2011-06-08 09:58:00
11 hours 34 minutes ago

reinstall? I hope not ... :(
sunwolf

Post by sunwolf »

I just install it the other day and I thought I messed up the setting cause it didn't work after awhile so I did the hard reset on phone and reinstalled it again. It worked for couple hours then stop sending out report around midnight. I didn't have time to check on it today so I will see what is going with it tonight. This is no good. It doesn't seem to work well for me at all.