phone will update the time but not the loacation

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
crazmc123

phone will update the time but not the loacation

Post by crazmc123 »

the phone every time i refresh will update the time but the position has been the same for over 50 min does this mean the phone is turned off or that the person has not moved in that time
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: phone will update the time but not the loacation

Post by ATSupport »

Refreshing the web page won't get any new locations if the phone stops reporting. There's unfortunately no way to diagnose remotely.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Kris

Post by Kris »

I have it installed on an older windows mobile phone I no longer use, and even though it is running in the background (I even set it as an exclusive app so it won't quit) it doesn't seem to update (or if it does it was longer 10 minutes and I had it set to update once a minute) Also if the screen or phone turns off it stops updating, same as if it's not in the foreground.

I have the phone settings set to stay on, and keep the phone plugged in all the time. I just leave the accutracking program running in the foreground and I receive near-real-time updates. (1 per minute even if it's not moving - so I know it's still updating)

This is the only purpose for that phone, so it's okay for my needs. I can understand if you need to use the phone for other purposes, it's not practical to leave the application in the foreground and the phone on all the time.

-Kris
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

On Windows mobile phones, AccuTracking program was designed with background capability even if the screen is off. What's your phone model? and was the phone having a nice view of the sky?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com