I need a battery saver device

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
jallen

I need a battery saver device

Post by jallen »

I have been using AccuTracting for almost 2 years with good to great success, but this problem has come up.
I have a client that uses an i290 on AccuTracting to keep track of her daily (8-5pm) travels. The only problem her car does not have an “always on” 12v outlet like some of my other customers. She sometimes forgets to turn off the phone at the end of the day.
Start up next morning is an issue sometimes. The phone needs charging for 5 minutes or so to allow a cold start, but sometimes it says the transmitter is turned off. All this nonsense doesn’t look good for my business.
I have hard wired on some of my fleet with great success, but can’t do this on client’s vehicles. I need a device that can do one of the following:

Power off the phone automatically at the end of the 8-10 hour shift, and power back up automatically just before the morning shift. Like off at 6:00pm and on at 6:00am. Like a built in timer in the phone that can be programmed.

Power off the phone after about an hour of non vehicle movement (GPS movement), or non motion like a slight rocking or acceleration of the car. It would have to power back up fast when movement is felt or recorded again.

Power off the phone after an hour or so of engine turn off as sensed by the lack of 12 volts to the charger, but fast power on when 12v is returned. The hour setting is needed so as to not react to quick stops like buying gas.

The only thing I’m aware of are motion sensors. Are they effective, power off completely or just sleep mode, are they expensive, cost effective?
hutch109

Re: I need a battery saver device

Post by hutch109 »

Our motion sensors work on battery operated phones - if you need to have it powered off the vehicle, you will need to wait a few more weeks for our new fleet device, that will work with AccuTracking, and always on power.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)