Phone holster interference??

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
cvc1968

Phone holster interference??

Post by cvc1968 »

I deployed my i335 in a real world situation over the weekend. Almost immediately, I encountered the following issue:

As he was riding in a car out of town, I was only receiving cell tower locations, not GPS. This was the case for most of the 50 or so minutes that he was in transit. I did start to receive GPS as they approached their final destination. Now the interstate between the two towns are areas I never tested myself, but at the very least, while they were in our town, I should have gotten GPS signals. The cell towers DID map their progress down the interstate, so that at least worked.

I had tested the phone thoroughly for more than a week and never encountered any problem with receiving a GPS when the phone was in my car, in my breast coat pocket.

When I gave my son the phone, I got him a leather belt holster that holds the phone horizontally on his belt. And it does have a flap that encloses the phone. So he was sitting in the BACK seat of the car in question with the phone in that holster on his belt. Could that extra distance from the windshield of the car and/or extra layer of leather account for loss of GPS signal?

This morning, while driving him to school, he was in the back seat of MY car with the phone in its holster in his backpack on the floor in front of him and I was receiving GPS signals. Could different cars provide different amounts of interference against receipt of GPS signals?

Note too that when he is outside, I have no difficulty getting a GPS signal, even with the holster. Any thoughts?

Thanks
hutch109

Re: Phone holster interference??

Post by hutch109 »

I doubt its the holster.

Yes, some cars do offer different GPS reception issues - some luxury cars have a coating along the window, to reduce solar heat, and that can block the weak GPS signal.

You mileage may vary.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)