Limited number of viewable fences on map

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
cvc1968

Limited number of viewable fences on map

Post by cvc1968 »

I've noticed that although the total number of fences seems to be unlimited (and you can apparently display up to 50 per page), only the first 20 fences in the list are actually visible on the map in to form of the green circle. Is this a limitation in Bing Maps?

If so, is there any way to re-order the fences in the list? I've noticed that occasionally, a newly created fence will appear higher up in the list and if it happens to appear within the first 20, its circle is visible (though the fence that gets displaced from the top 20 loses its visible fence as a consequence).

If I could re-order the fences, just so I could check the radii of each fence, it wouldn't matter if ALL fences were visible all the time. OR if the newly created fences always went to the number 1 position at the top of the list, that would be sufficient.

Thanks all.

Carl
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Limited number of viewable fences on map

Post by ATSupport »

I'll check this and get back to you.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
cvc1968

Post by cvc1968 »

Once again I am amazed by the quick response from Accutracking support.

I just added a new geofence and it DID appear in the number 1 position, so I was able to see my circle and tweak its radius. Was this because of something you guys did, or was that just a coincidence? If it's your doing, then bravo. This provides at least a partial solution.

Of course, if, in the future, I need to make adjustments to some fence that has dropped out of the top 20, I cannot see the result of that tweaking UNLESS you find some way of allowing users to re-order their fences. (or overcome the 20 visible fences limitation).

Anyway, thanks again for such a fast response.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Fences are displayed in no particular order and we didn't make changes to the fence order. It just happened to be #1 I guess.

Now the max number of fences to display has been changed to 50 to match the page size.

Thanks!
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
cvc1968

Post by cvc1968 »

Wow. Thanks, again.

Carl