Motorola Vs Blackberry ( Iden Series )

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Mr. Tracker

Motorola Vs Blackberry ( Iden Series )

Post by Mr. Tracker »

Does anyone know if the Blackberry I7100 ( Boost/Nextel ) has less GPS drift then a Motorola I465?

I am testing out a I465 and I get the occasional Crossed the fence email in the middle of the night, even though the fence is 200 meters. The I 465 is plugged into the vehicle via car charger, and is sitting on the center console, just for testing reliability.

I know its not the AT service, they are performing exceptionally, and I know its the actual phone that reports the drifited signals. I am just looking for a better/less drifiting.

I have tried this on a blackberry storm and have amazing results with very little drifting at all. I would get about 5 points that are away about 30 feet from the majority of the reports. When I say majority, they litterally are all on the same spot on the map.

I know GPS chipsets have improved pver the years, so the 7100I may have the same performance as the I465, but when you get woken up at 3 am from my "special customized get the hell out of bed someone stole your truck" message tone, just to find out it was a bad gps drift. There was one that wasn't even out of the fence, it was close to the line, but still inside of it, I don't know why that one set it off, but it did.