Service Phone

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Mr. Gordon

Service Phone

Post by Mr. Gordon »

I've been using accutracking for about 4 months now and I started with several I290's. I have them hard wired into the vehicles. They work great for about 3 to 4 weeks and then the screen goes to a white background and it says "service phone". I tried shutting them down and restarting them, even leaving them off and inside for a couple days and reinstalling it after this happens and it will only work for maybe another 1-4 more days before this happens again. I got more I290's and they would do the same thing. I then upgraded to the I335's thinking it was a model issue and they seem to be doing the same thing, but one even went to the "service phone" screen after only about 10 days. I live in the northern US and it is pretty cold this time of the year. I initially thought that was the problem because my first two died at almost the exact same time. However it was only about 20 degrees F that night and since then I have had new phones working at temps below 0. Any one else experiancing this issue and have any suggestions. Thanks
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Service Phone

Post by ATSupport »

This sounds more likely related to the battery, which in turns links to the cold weather. The Motorola support forum has a post about this "service phone" message:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/94236
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
DandASand

Post by DandASand »

I am having the same exact issue. I have 5 different i335's installed and hardwired into each vehicle. At first they all lasted at least 3 weeks or so. Then after resetting each one they only last a few days. Now they all pretty much shut off a few minutes afters booting them up. Please let me know if you find out which phones work better. Thanks
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

I can tell you the majority of them do NOT like to be powered on 24/7 via the cig lighter... T

here are a few known issues with the 425 series - and the 290/335 are pretty much identical on the inside...

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
invincibl3

Post by invincibl3 »

Im having the same issue. i just got a het i335 brand new! and its doing the same, they dont like the cold...its there any remedy for this issue? summer time i dont seem to have a problem and yes i do have my phone hardwire.

please advise
volts10

Post by volts10 »

For over a year now I have had a 425 plugged into a cigarette lighter extension that I wired into a vehicle. Only twice have I had a problem. One of those was when I received a text message from Boost. The other I'm not sure about. Other than that I have not had to touch it. It's been approximately 8 mos. now since the last incident. Other than that it's been set it and forget it.