Big gap in tracking data.

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
bwhite757

Big gap in tracking data.

Post by bwhite757 »

I have been testing Accutracking out on a i290 for a while now, and seem to get big gaps in my trip reports when I go to work (65 mile trip). I understand that there are dead zones in my trip, but shouldn't the phone cache everything until it gets signal and then send all data stored from the time I lose service until I regain it?

My settings are:
Update interval=1
HotGPS=Yes
Smartupdate=yes
Cache=100

Everything else I left default value.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about, this is a map of my trip to work today, notice the big area between 96 and 100 where there's no data:

Is there anything I can try??? How big can I set the cache number on the i290? I'm not sure of how much internal memory it has so I didn't want to increase it to much until I find out. I like the software, but do need a way to monitor/track speed and total mileage for company report. It's easier using this than having to pull out my GPS unit out of my car everytime to download a report.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Big gap in tracking data.

Post by ATSupport »

Increase your case to 500 and try again... It appears the cache overflowed.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
bwhite757

Post by bwhite757 »

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens.
bwhite757

Post by bwhite757 »

Ok, tried 500, still same result. How high can I go with the cache? I have deleted all other apps that came with the phone, accutracking is the only thing taking up memory. I'm not familiar with how much internal memory is available on the phone.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Was it better with 500 (the gap gets smaller)? You can try 800~1000.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

I doubt its a cache issue... My guess is the GPS is not getting a good fix at that spot - and depending on the terrain it goes into lock out status. Do you have access to the phone? Can you watch the screen? If so, take a peek at it when you get in the same area - if its always the same area...

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)