tracking only working when I click on Accutracking now

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
cbroker

tracking only working when I click on Accutracking now

Post by cbroker »

My i415 was working great, it has an extended battery that Rob installed and charged to 100% but all of a sudden it stops sending a signal unless I go in and tell it to send a signal. My only problem with that is that my husband has Alzheimer’s and that is why we have the phone as a tracker. Does anyone know why it would do that or what I need to do? I sent in a trouble shooting case but if you don't have a message on your phone they are of no help. Thanks, Carolyn
hutch109

Re: tracking only working when I click on Accutracking now

Post by hutch109 »

Did you call Rob and ask him?

What do you mean it it only sends when you tell it to? Does that mean it does not send unless you hit refresh on the PHONE? If so, turn smart sending off.

Does that mean that it does not send unless you load up AccuTracking on the PHONE, then it works till he stops? If so, put it back into startup, if you let the battery go dead...

If its not one of those, you need to be a little more specific.

Thanks
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)

Post by Guest »

No I have not called Rob. Guess I could do that. I thought he was my battery person. Smart Sending is off. I have not changed any settings what so ever from the time it was working so I will let the battery go dead and see if that works. What I mean is it does not work unless I load Auccutracking on the phone manually however it shows that it is set to work in the background. Thanks for scratching your head with me because I'm preplexed and when it worked it worked beautifully and I keep recommending it to anyone with an Alzheimer's patient. Carolyn
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

I did not say that you need to let the battery go dead for it to work - I said if you allowed it to go dead, there is a chance that it came out of start-up.

You can reset that option; settings - personalize - startup - AccuTracking

If its currently set to "Default Ready"; then thats your issue.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Rob

Post by Rob »

Just give me a call..anytime..716.830.7791

Rob
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob

Post by Guest »

It was set to "Default Ready" I changed that to Accutracking. I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help Eric! Rob if that does not work you will be getting a call!
Carolyn

Post by Guest »

Working perfectly! How it got off of Powerup - Accutracking - I'll never know - but it is back working and I thank you!
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

It got off that setting by the battery being allowed to go dead.

Next time try and recharge it before it goes all the way dead.

ERic

Rob

Post by Rob »

The batteries should not affect the phone from getting off the settings when dead or swapping them out. The phone keeps the memory of the settings..we have sold over 500 i415 phones and would have heard about this issue I'm sure !

Many of our units are used daily in repo work, law enforcement, private investigations without any issues.

For all my customers here..I'm a phone call away.
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Its not the battery itself that makes it loose the settings - but the combination of the motion board, and a dead battery. The phone will keep the settings in memory when its off, or when you change the batteries.

What happens is when your battery is low, low enough to allow the phone to power up - but not high enough to allow it to fully boot (powering the phone takes "X" power, and turning the transmitter on to register to the iDEN network takes "X+1" power...) - so the phone turns off. If the target is moving, your motion board tries to turn it back on - and the cycle repeats itself.

Motorola has deceided that a 'bad' JAVA application should not cause the phone to become non-functional. So after the application (this case AccuTracking) fails to start up several times in a row (becuase the battery is dead...) it takes the JAVA application out of startup - a "failsafe" for the phone to continue to operate. In case there was a bad program in it - you would just end up in a loop and never be able to use the phone for its intended purpose. The combination of the dead battery, and the motion board, simulates a bad JAVA application - and THAT IS WHY its taken out of startup mode.

<...Post edited by moderator...>

Eric

Rob

Post by Rob »

<...Edited by Moderator...>
[Topic locked]

Rob