can someone explain?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
wannatrack

can someone explain?

Post by wannatrack »

i installed a i425 in a vehicle (covertly) and it was tracking, but then it stopped. It doesn't seem to be tracking though it was only in there for less than 4 hours. i want to retrieve it but can't locate the car... Would a staff member please check to see what's going on?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: can someone explain?

Post by ATSupport »

There's actually no way to remotely diagnose the phone so the only way is to retrieve the phone and see the status message on the phone screen. There could be many reasons causing the tracking to stop: http://support.accutracking.com/kb/article/000072
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your reply...I'm wondering whether it's still on but just not sending location information for some reason (like maybe a text message came in or something)? If I am able to retrieve it, will I be able to get the history of it's locations?
wannatrack

Post by wannatrack »

In other words, I'm wondering - is still on? When i hit the refresh on the tracking page, it gives the same location with no recent updates... so does that mean it is no longer tracking? (or is it tracking but just not sending the location info?)
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

It could be several things; could be no service; bad GPS area, bad signal area; a text or email message could have locked it up.

Without the phone in hand its tough to remote troubleshoot.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
wannatrack

Post by wannatrack »

Thanks Eric and AT Support for your replies. I guess I'll just have hope I can retrieve it!
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Do you have tower fix turned on? This is one of the main reasons I keep this feature on - if your unit is in a "hidden" location, and it can't GPS fix - it could still be on - but never send any data, since it won't have a fix. If tower fix is turned on, it would at least still report the approximate location - and you would know if the device is "live" or not...

Our motion board will extend the life of the unit - up to several weeks/months - depending on the configuration - and it will also help clear out errors from text messages, errant direct connects, etc.

Good luck - let me know if you recover it.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

wannatrack

Post by wannatrack »

Eric,

I don't think I had the tower fix on. How much does your device cost?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Give me a call or an email at the address below - and Ill send you the info... Our hardware integrates perfectly with AccuTracking - nothing new to learn...

Eric

Rob

Post by Rob »

Can you explain more ..how did you install..where ..and how did you power it?
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob