i425 shutting down

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
dircpit

i425 shutting down

Post by dircpit »

i recently purchased an i425 phone.i installed accutracking,charged the unit up,hid it,and everything works fine...except that the battery would die. so i got a car charger,and i installed a 12v socket and plugged the phone into it...thus giving it unlimited charging. problem now is that after a certain amount of time (roughly 18hrs) the phone shuts down,or is going into some kind of sleep mode.any idea why it might be shutting down? i have been looking for any settings that may have a sleep mode or similiar. any help would be grateful.
hutch109

Re: i425 shutting down

Post by hutch109 »

There is no sleep mode - but you could have a few issues...

A: The cig. lighter might be "switched" - so when the car goes off - so does the charger - allowing the battery to go down.

B: The charger is designed to charge the phone, its not designed to power the phone - and some chargers only allow for 500ma or less - depending on your settings, duty cycle, coverage area, etc - this could allow the phone to go dead - as it can't keep up with the small on board battery.

C: You could get some text messages, wrong numbers, etc - that cause the phone application to shut down.

My best guess would be a combo of B and C... Hope that helps.

E
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
dircpit

Post by dircpit »

i'm leaning more to B. the socket is hard wired into a live circuit. im thinking the charger wire may be coming loose in the phone over time or as you suggested its not enough to keep up with it..ie thats why it lasted 18 hrs.thanks for the pointers.
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

We have seen that on several units - so your not alone.

Should you decide to upgrade to a motion activated unit - feel free to give us a call. With AccuTracking and our unit - you will get several weeks of use before the need to recharge. You don't need access to the cig. lighter and have better placement options.

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've sold many phones and some are connected direct to the car/truck battery..but most are motion activated..the direct connect units however always last at least month or so.. be fore a phone call or text message boots em off ..my two cents are your charger in not connected to a live full time power source!
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Can you block the calls and messages?
hutch109 wrote:There is no sleep mode - but you could have a few issues...

A: The cig. lighter might be "switched" - so when the car goes off - so does the charger - allowing the battery to go down.

B: The charger is designed to charge the phone, its not designed to power the phone - and some chargers only allow for 500ma or less - depending on your settings, duty cycle, coverage area, etc - this could allow the phone to go dead - as it can't keep up with the small on board battery.

C: You could get some text messages, wrong numbers, etc - that cause the phone application to shut down.

My best guess would be a combo of B and C... Hope that helps.

E
Rob

Post by Rob »

We have a solution for you ..give us a call

Rob
Our proven, low cost motion activated 1296 and i425 solution with Accutracking.. will give you weeks of service on a single charge! (Battery Charger Included) Eliminates the daily recharging routine or the need to hard wire to auto electrical systems. Boost starter kits, lithium polymer batteries,and waterproof magnetic cases...For more information please call 716 830.7791 anytime!

Rob