Boost Mobile Does Not Work?

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
motoaddict

Boost Mobile Does Not Work?

Post by motoaddict »

I purchased an i455 on Saturday and signed up with Boost Mobile hoping to use Accutracking. After speaking with numerous Boost support reps I was finally today informed that "the web has been down for about a month".

True? or just more misguided Boost support?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Maybe just regional in particular. Their data plan has been working fine.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Boost web has been working fine in Michigan...

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Now You Can Get Several Weeks of Use Between Re-Charges!!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

Covert User Of Super-Secret-Spy Stuff - Or So I Like To Think ;-)
motoaddict

Post by motoaddict »

Is there anything that you (accutrack support) can do to help me to get it working?

I live in South Florida. Anyone using it there?

Boost support blows!
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

I show that its working in the Naples area...

Are you getting any error messages? Do you get any data to AccuTracking web site? Are you able to get text messages? Do you have the built in web on the phone working?

Eric
Complete Covert i290, i335, i415, and i425 Motion Activated Track Packages On Sale Now!

Call Toll Free At 1-888-292-6693 To Order! Or E-Mail AccuTracking@GPSBait.com For More Information

motoaddict

Post by motoaddict »

Haven't signed up with Accutracking yet. Still trying to get mobile web on my phone. I get the following message:

"Error while retrieving user"

... when I click the "Web" icon on my i455.

I did open a case with Boost yesterday. I'm thinking that the support rep today was just a dope. Boost has a lot of that going on. So far they've hung on me, lied to me, provided incorrect information, and been generally inept. Other than that they've been great. ;)
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

I can only assume the rest of your Boost is working; ie phone and direct-connect.

If so; I bet you can use AccuTracking - try it out.

There are 2 different types of data - web data and packet data.

If your phone is working, one of the data's should be working also...

Advise.

Eric

motoaddict

Post by motoaddict »

Will do. Waiting for my data cable to be delivered.

Yes, phone works fine otherwise.

What is "Direct Connect"?
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

Direct connect is the Nextel phrase for the 2-way feature... Using the push-to-talk on the side of the phone.

And your prior comments about Boost and their customer support, I mean lack there of, are correcct... Can't blame the CSRs they get for $7 and hour and their lack of training...

Eric

motoaddict

Post by motoaddict »

Direct Connect isn't working either. :(
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

If direct connect is not working either; then you might have an issue. Can you log in to http://www.boostmobile.com and put your info in? Does it show your account is active? Is there money left on it? Does it show full service and data available?

Eric

motoaddict

Post by motoaddict »

Yes, I can get to my account. It is active. It has money. I signed up for their "Premium Prepaid" service. I also added "Wireless Web". They charged me .35 for that.

I don't know what you mean by "full service and data available"(?) There's nothing resembling that within my account.

(sigh)
hutch109

Post by hutch109 »

For starters; if this is a track only phone - you do NOT need, or want, the premium pre-paid, $30+ per month service...

You should see something that should resemble this data on the right:

Account Status: Opened
Plan Type: Boost PAY as You Go & Web
Language: English
Home Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Business Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Email Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.com
Message Level: Full Message level

If your using it as a track only phone, it should only cost you about $10.50 per month @ .35 per day.

Either way, the direct connect should work - if setup properly. If it is not working (2-way), then you need to call them back and have them fix it. How long ago did you say you activated it? It can take up to 4 hours, but is usally instant, and since we have been talking more than 4 hours, prob not an issue. You can try turning it on/off - to make sure its hooked up with the tower ok.

So far it sounds more like a provisioning issue than anything else - a Boost issue...

Eric