maps

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
tracker47

maps

Post by tracker47 »

I have a new samsung u540. When I click on view map from mobile web site I get a http/1.1 400 bad request error. Is this the phone or the web site?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I'll check and get back to you.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Update: I don't find any obvious problem from the server log. Is the problem still there?
AccuTracking Support
tracker47

Post by tracker47 »

Yes the message is still there.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Are you using NetFront? Can you try again the built-in browser?
AccuTracking Support
tracker47

Post by tracker47 »

I am using the the browser that is loaded on the phone. It says verizon wireless mobile web when it starts up.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Can you please do the following:
1) From your phone, go to http://whatismyip.com and write down the IP.
2) Go to the AccuTracking mobile website again.

Let me know your IP and the time you tried the mobile site. With these info I could further check the log files.
AccuTracking Support
tracker47

Re: maps

Post by tracker47 »

I have a verizon phone that is using netfront. According to verizon the maps wont show up because its not a windows based browser and they have only a limited web sites you can actually use on there phones because of security measures. Is there anything that can be done so verizon will accept your mobile web site as a safe site?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Is it only the map not showing up or the whole mobile site not showing up? It could be Verzon put a size limit on images so big map images are filtered out. If so you can just click "Settings" on the mobile site and change the map size to "S" (small).
tracker47 wrote:I have a verizon phone that is using netfront. According to verizon the maps wont show up because its not a windows based browser and they have only a limited web sites you can actually use on there phones because of security measures. Is there anything that can be done so verizon will accept your mobile web site as a safe site?
AccuTracking Support
tracker47

Post by tracker47 »

It gives me everthing but the maps. I have already tried resizing. Doesn't make any difference.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

OK now this confirms it's not the "safe site" issue because you can see other contents on the site, particularly you can see small images like the battery and GPS level icons. Unfortunately it looks like the size of the map exceeds Verizon's limit and got filtered out. If you have another phone with a different carrier you might want to try.
tracker47 wrote:It gives me everthing but the maps. I have already tried resizing. Doesn't make any difference.
AccuTracking Support
bentrakers

Post by bentrakers »

You should use some other web browser for your phone. Anyway you might configure your verizon browser for white list websites. That might be possible for every web browsers.

Post by Guest »

bentrakers wrote:You should use some other web browser for your phone. Anyway you might configure your verizon browser for white list websites. That might be possible for every web browsers.
3 years ago is a little old, don't you think?