GEO Alert

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
mrberrie-1

GEO Alert

Post by mrberrie-1 »

I kept getting geo-alert messages on my cell late last night. So many that I had to turn the cell off and of course they were there when I woke up the next morning. The problem is that the cell was with me, not moving anywhere. I don?t think Geo-Alert is working properly. :(
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I just checked your geofence settings: your geofence radius was set to 25 feet, which is within the GPS signal fluctuation range. So what happened was the GPS signal fluctuation made your position jump in and out of the fence from time to time, triggering the geoalert, although your phone was physically standing still in one spot.

For your reference, GPS accurary from Garmin (http://www.garmin.com/aboutGPS/waas.html):
100 meters: Accuracy of the original GPS system, which was subject to accuracy degradation under the government-imposed Selective Availability (SA) program.
15 meters: Typical GPS position accuracy without SA.
3-5 meters: Typical differential GPS (DGPS) position accuracy.
< 3 meters: Typical WAAS position accuracy.
I think the iDEN cell phone GPS is within the range of 2nd level +-15 meters (+-50 feet).

To conclude, we recommend you set the fence radius no less than 200 feet because of the GPS signal floating.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
mrberrie-2

GEOAlert and Timelaps

Post by mrberrie-2 »

I changed it to 200 and now get no alert at all. Also, for some strange reason there are 48 and longer gaps in there where nothing is being reported. I check back later and get an update. Any idea why I am getting the gaps. Note: Send no information to the subject target.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Geofence alerts are only triggered when the client crosses the fence. If the client stands still within the fence, no alert is sent.

Since version 1.2, AccuTracking software has the feature "Smart Sending" enabled by default. It eliminates the redundant data sending and only sends the "fresh" positions. Check FAQ page for how it works. You can disable it in menu "Settings".
AccuTracking Support
mrberrie

Smart Send??

Post by mrberrie »

Hey Thanks as usual. Speaking of the smart send and how it works. It was sending data at 1:00, 3:00, and 4:00 A.M. when we were all asleep and the phone was right next to me. I didn't touch it. Honest, I was sleep! :? Any ideas??
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Again, the bogus sendings were due to the GPS signal drifting. Smart Sending tolorates small driftings when it determines if a phone is "standing still". This will eliminates most of the "drifting noise" but big driftings stay and trigger the sending.
AccuTracking Support