GPS Antenna

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
Bimmersixx

GPS Antenna

Post by Bimmersixx »

Does the GPS signal reception use the cellphone antenna on the i415? What I am asking is would installing an external antenna via the antenna port improve my GPS reception?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I am not a hardware guy but I think all new iDEN phones including i4xx use one antenna for both cell and GPS. Old models like i58sr, i88s use separate ones.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Post by Guest »

ATSupport wrote:I am not a hardware guy but I think all new iDEN phones including i4xx use one antenna for both cell and GPS. Old models like i58sr, i88s use separate ones.
I thought so as well...that makes sense. Thanks for the response and the incredible service! Accutracking is awesome!
Rob

dual antenna

Post by Rob »

The i415 has 2 antennas..both separate..if you take the phone apart its easy to see that!
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: dual antenna

Post by ATSupport »

Thanks for clarifying that!
Rob wrote:The i415 has 2 antennas..both separate..if you take the phone apart its easy to see that!
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
winfieldh

Re: dual antenna

Post by winfieldh »

ATSupport wrote:Thanks for clarifying that!
Rob wrote:The i415 has 2 antennas..both separate..if you take the phone apart its easy to see that!
Is it possible to attach an external gps antenna to the i415? If so, are there instructions somewhere? THanks.
madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt »

external gps antenna, no.

external signal antenna, which will in turn improve the agps signal, yes.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.