TK373 wake method

Discussions about AccuTracking software and web tracking.
HarryCW3

TK373 wake method

Post by HarryCW3 »

I have a camper trailer. For theft protection, I've installed the TK373 in it, using an OBD cable adapter to connect power. It's continuously powered, by the camper's battery, as well as by a backup battery.

The TK373 tracker seems to go into sleep mode within a few minutes of sitting still, even though the power is constant. The only way I've found to wake it is with a movement.
  • Is there any way to wake the tracker remotely for a status update?
  • Is there any way to have the tracker send an alert when the battery reaches a certain level of depletion?
  • Is there any full documentation available for the TK373?
TIA for any help.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: TK373 wake method

Post by ATSupport »

Thanks for the questions. TK373 has a motion sensor inside which wakes it up upon movement. If there's no motion detected, it wakes up every X hours to update a location (heartbeat), then goes to sleep again. X is 3 hours for package 4; 4 hours for package 3; 6 hours for package 2 and 12 hours for package 1.

There's no other way to wake it up. There's no battery level alert but it does report battery level when awake. The tracker is managed from the server side and there's no documentation.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
HarryCW3

Post by HarryCW3 »

Thanks! You answered it (all) for me.

I think the service you offer is great. Thank you.
HarryCW3

Post by HarryCW3 »

Ok, one more question.

It's been 21+ hours according to the status screen, & the vehicle diagnostic data, which gives me the battery charge status for that time.

Should this be automatically updated when it 'heartbeat' wakes? I don't think I've ever seen it wake/update status periodically.

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Can you please submit a ticket with your account info etc. so we can look into it:
https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com