User-defined Markers

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
justin

User-defined Markers

Post by justin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:27 am

Having gotten AccuTracking working on an i265 IDEN phone, I am planning on using it to track me in real-time during an upcoming race. My idea is that friends and family that cannot make it out to support me in person will still be able to log into sub-accounts in order to watch my progress during the race.

As a result I would ideally like it if I could define mile markers along the course by adding markers of a different colour or shape to my main account profile. I would imagine it would work similar to the GeoFence input screens except that only a text field, lat, long and possibly an icon shape/colour option would be required. A limit of say up to 50 user-defined markers to try to keep the DB requirements in-check as a free service would be appropriate. If it could be added as another Google MAP overlay and linked to a "User" control that would be even more powerful. Another option would be to allow a user-defined background map tied to a control which you upload and then define lat and long co-ordinates to it's center (the disadvantage of this second option is people may abuse this and upload images you don't approve).

I really think this would help take AccuTracking to the next level.

Thanks for your consideration!

Justin

madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:25 pm

i would think the markers would be doable. Its something supported in the google maps, i dont remember how though.

It might be as easy as doing a manual send at each waypoint, and later on accessing the map and editing the symbol on the waypoint.

It is a good idea though.
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:17 pm

It's a good idea. I'll get it on the todo list.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

justin

User defined markers

Post by justin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:12 am

Glad to hear, thanks for the quick replies.

I would imagine that people would quickly find other uses to clarify their tracks by labelling common points of interest for friends and family such as their "Home" and "Office" for example.

madrabbitt

Post by madrabbitt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:02 am

now that i've been thinking about it more, there are lots of possibilities with this option.
:D
Dude! Wheres my car?

Oh, wait. Here it is.