Location Map on personal website

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
JeePaRoo

Location Map on personal website

Post by JeePaRoo »

Is it possible for me to be able to put my phone's Location and map on my personal website? purely for the purpose of my friends being able to track me from my site without the need for user names and passcodes.

I travel frequently and am tired of the phone calls coming in 'where are you at?' every hour... this is perfect for that purpose.. I would just like a hyperlink on my site to 'Find me'.. is it possible with this system ?

I am also available for any testing you would like to do, im very familiar with networking / computers / some java programming and such

-christopher

Skibum

Post by Skibum »

What I did to allow this sort of thing, is to add a subaccount, with an easy username and password, like skibum and locate or similar, then on the link from my page, I advise that you will need to enter in these items. With a sub account your visitors can't change any of your settings.

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I second Skibum's suggestion. :) We don't provide directly link (or hot link) just to prevent server overloading in case there are many links from outside. If I remembered correctly, clearstation.com was brought down by this before. :)
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

JeePaRoo

I guess that is the best just not handy

Post by JeePaRoo »

yeah i understand server traffic issues, was just hoping for something easy.. many people dont like entering passcodes, plus i cant track hits to the locater that way. I run my own web server .. does that make any difference? is there something i can do to link my server to yours? im running apache on redhat8 with php4 installed

of course first i have to figure out why it is taking nextel 3 days so far to provision my totalconnect....

-christopher