Java Refresh

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
Skibum

Java Refresh

Post by Skibum » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:08 am

Ever given any thoughts on some sort of jave refresh for the map on the website? I was thinking of a display of a map that is bigger in dimension than what is shown now, where the overlay of the tracking info is java refreshed at the users gps refresh rate. The effect would me great I think! Moving Map!

(Hey I am an idea man... these things just keep flowing.. I can't stop it!!!) :lol:

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:48 pm

:) Great ideas. I will discuss with the development. For the java refresh to look "alive", the data refresh rate has to be short (like a few seconds), our current tracking software's refresh rate (once in a few minutes) is sufficient for 'tracking' but not for 'navigation' use. With the current rate, java refresh won't make the screen look alive.

Thanks,
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Skibum

Post by Skibum » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:07 pm

The Java refresh should equal the phones update rate, which as I understand will be selectable in a future release.. :)

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:16 pm

I agree, however that'll certainly result in server upgrades, which is big $ for a free service. :wink: I don't think the current server can handle frequent updates with many users, even with the current registered users (I am not gonna reveal the actual number but it's quite some already and increasing quickly).
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com