Trail Mapping Too limited (100 points per page)

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
intermark

Trail Mapping Too limited (100 points per page)

Post by intermark » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 am

The way the trail mapping works right now is very inefficient, it only shows 100 points per page.
It does not make any sense to limit the map to points. It should map the time range requested on the tracking range setting.
Most workers work around 8+ hours per day. The map should be able to show at least 9 hours in one page.
I am currently testing your service to see if I should buy 10 copies of package #3. This is the only reason why I am still evaluating other services.

You don't need to show the coordinates at the bottom of the map. Nobody I know can think in coordinates. This is a waste of screen space. Just us it to display more points on one map.

junior1

Re: Trail Mapping Too limited (100 points per page)

Post by junior1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:38 am

I agree "It should map the time range requested on the tracking range setting."
any chance this will happen.. it would be nice for it to show trail mapping in one page when
done by date etc.. for example if i wanted to know the trail mapping for 12/2/12 from 8am to 5pm it would be nice for there to be a complete trail of tracking for that one day on one map only.. this would please lots of your customers even more ...

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the input. The limit was put there years ago due to slow page loading and map cluttering with tons of records. As the PC and browser get more powerful, it makes more sense now to loose up a bit. l'll keep you posted on the upcoming changes.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 am

Here are some initial tests on page load time in Firefox with various limits:

In test #5, zooming in/out is a pain. We'll likely go with 2000 points. For users with 10 seconds update and over 6000 points per day, this will still result in multiple pages but page load time and performance is really one of our concerns.

We are still updating the map to show different icons for cached records, cell tower locations and network locations, as they'll be gone with the list table below the map.
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm

I understand. keep us posted Thanks

junior1

Post by junior1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 am

Are we loosing the Address lookup also ?

junior1

Post by junior1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 am

I Like the new feature with the 2000 point per page its is nice to get more point per page vs having to go through page after page etc.. but i wish we could of still kept the other features like address look up etc.. Is there any way you could add the address to each point ? or and address lookup in the point etc? Its kind of hard trying not to quide you the wrong way etc.. i liked the old features you had but the headache was having to go through more pages due to the limit per page of the 100/page etc..

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Will add the link to Google maps. What "address lookup" are you referring?
AccuTracking Support

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Update: google maps link and street address were added to the popup window.
AccuTracking Support

JUNIOR1

Post by JUNIOR1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm

"Update: google maps link and street address were added to the popup window."

Perfect.... I thought you had someone else fixing your html file but i was wrong.. you have a happy camper here and i am sure you will have more satisfied paying customers.. I guarantee it. Can you add this to the full screen ? exactly the way you did it to the history pop up window? I have more ideas i would like to run by you too see if you like them.. but one thing at a time... Thanks your customer support made me like your website even more ... :D

junior1

Post by junior1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:44 pm

"Update: google maps link and street address were added to the popup window."

can you add it to the full screen and add all of the popup window to the pop up map when tracking individual unit ? when tracking the individual unit we don't have this option when we click on the unit we don't get any popup window at all right now..???

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

We received many user feedback since yesterday that they rely on the list table for quick tracking history. Thanks for the valuable input and we are going to bring back the list table.
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Are you still keeping the "Update: google maps link and street address were added to the popup window." and the 2000/page, I hope you don't remove these new features.. these are perfect... :(

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

Yes they are still there but the page size is adjusted to 1000 due to page load time.
junior1 wrote:Are you still keeping the "Update: google maps link and street address were added to the popup window." and the 2000/page, I hope you don't remove these new features.. these are perfect... :(
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Something didn't update correctly, The tracking history is not working right? I chose tracking history from 1/23/2013 05:45 to 09:00 and it is way off ?? Anyone else having this issue with changes?