Resize Maps based on Window Size

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
Mr. Tracker

Resize Maps based on Window Size

Post by Mr. Tracker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

I would liek to see that the map size can be increased based on the size of your window. I'm running at 1900x1280, and even with a maximized window, the map size stays the same. I know there is a " Fullscreen " mode, but sometimes I dont want to go full screen.

This is just so you can see more map detail as you increase the size of your window, without having to zoom in or out on the map itself.

Also I kinda dont like the re-centering of the map on the tracked devices, is there a way to not re-center the map?

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Resize Maps based on Window Size

Post by ATSupport » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:39 pm

I'll get the estimate for this map width change (or the dev will prototype it) and get back to you.
Mr. Tracker wrote:Also I kinda dont like the re-centering of the map on the tracked devices, is there a way to not re-center the map?
You mean when the page is refreshed, the tracking overview map recenters the units?
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com

Mr. Tracker

Post by Mr. Tracker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Yeah, On the " full screen tracking page, where it shows all units, and if you zoom in to see one unit closer, or anything on the map, it will recenter and zoom out on the refresh.

I know it does this on the full screen page, cant recall if it does it on the "tracking" page.

It also does this in google earth, but at leae in there you can uncheck the recenter map in the myplaces properties.

( I hope you dont tell me there is a option for this laready on your account settings page.. :-) I never seen it if it is there )

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 pm

( I hope you dont tell me there is a option for this laready on your account settings page.. :-) I never seen it if it is there )
There's indeed no such option. Are you trying to follow an individual unit on the map? If so, you can easily click the unit's name link of the left side panel and get a small popup map following that unit.
AccuTracking Support

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm

ATSupport wrote:I'll get the estimate for this map width change (or the dev will prototype it) and get back to you.
Update: we tested a full width style but couldn't make it look prettier than the current layout. So I guess the current size will hang on for a while... :oops:
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am

How about the auto pan and recenter on devices ? will you be adding a auto pan check box to all maps that way when someone in full screen decides to track a unit they click on the unit and a separate window pops up and we can zoom in and out and move map around without it having to center map on device, with an auto pan option the end user can un check the auto pan option to move map around and give better directions to driver before he gets to an intersection, with the current centering device on map does not let the end user move map around.. also i think the main screen should be live tracking as well instead of having to go full screen sometimes etc.. just my two cents that's all..

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Looks like nobody likes auto center/zoom on refresh. We'll disable it.

There's an option on "Account Settings" page that allows you to set fullscreen map as the default page after login.
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Sorry for late response, I would like to help you improve your website with my opinions two take a step forward in improving your accutracking. It already is a great website.. That being said I wouldn't disable the auto center feature, This would make a step backwards, I would for sure remove the auto zoom from the auto center feature. What i think you should add is an auto center (auto pan) code in the html , your website designer should know what i am talking about.. he would have to just add a code to the map which would give the full screen an auto pan option box right next to the refresh rate, this option would allow the end user to un check that box if they wish to zoom in on the map/ or move map around while still refreshing at the 10sec refresh rate i wish it was 3 to 5 sec refresh rate intervals etc.. now i know you can click on a single device and track that device on its own pop up map and tile that map to fit screen etc.. but all you can do on this map is zoom in and out, the end user would like to move map around the device with out the map auto centering/zoom while they are trying to move map around etc.. this is frustrating trust me your customers would love this auto pan (auto center) check box feature.... Sorry for big image , you can delete it after you see it, its just an example to better understand what i am saying..

junior1

Post by junior1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:59 pm

ATSupport wrote:Looks like nobody likes auto center/zoom on refresh. We'll disable it
What kind of feedback are you getting on disabling the auto center/zoom on refresh ?

Reason i ask, is because i want to see what feedback you are getting from your customers with multiple units over 5 units etc..?

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

The "auto pan" option is on our todo list.
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

ATSupport wrote:The "auto pan" option is on our todo list.
If you really do consider adding the "auto pan" option, My opinions are,

Full screen = I would keep it like it was just add the "auto center/zoom on refresh" check box.

Unit popup map = I would leave the code just like you have it now just add the "auto center" check box.

These auto center etc.. check boxes would allow end user to un check if they wish to zoom in on units locations or move map around just a few blocks up a head of the unit for better direction assistance to the driver in case he is lost or took a wrong turn in heavy traffic, this would allow the dispatcher to safely guide the vehicle to a safe zone for further direction etc.. Thanks for the great support..

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks very much for the valuable input. We'll implement that way.
AccuTracking Support

ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Update: this has been done. Thanks again for the feedback!
AccuTracking Support

junior1

Post by junior1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 am

These features will attract more customers on your free 1 month demo..They are Perfect, Thanks