Stale Data Icon

Share & discuss feature suggestions.
Pegtech

Stale Data Icon

Post by Pegtech » Thu May 31, 2007 9:24 pm

I currently track several items with Accutracking. Some of these items are always being monitored and some are only monitored on occasion. The difficulty is that new data and old data are all displayed on the map the same way so without scrolling down to look at the "Time since last report," I cannot tell at a glance which units are current and which units are not current. For example, if I take a unit temporarily out of service for a few days, its last known location is displayed as if it were still in service. Because the GPS data is sent at least every 30 minutes when using Smart-Sending, I think it would be very useful to have the GPS Location icons on the map change color or otherwise indicate that the location displayed is old. So, an idea would be to have the icon fade to light blue after no report for 35 minutes, and then perhaps turn the icon red after one hour to indicate that the indicated location is unreliable. This would be very helpful for people who have several sub-accounts and who's users are not all very familiar with the minor details of using the system and reading the data.