Nextel/Boost Network Outage - Nov 30, 2006

News release and discussion.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Nextel/Boost Network Outage - Nov 30, 2006

Post by ATSupport »

As of Nov 30, 2006, we have got a few reports from users their tracking stopped working.

So far we have had reports from NY, MI. It's possible other areas are affected too. No confirmation from Boost/Nextel yet. But please call them if you think you area is affected.

Our servers and network are up and running normal.

Please be aware of this issue if your tracking works kind of flaky lately.

Discussions about this on other forums:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1056266

[Update 11/30, 2006 4:50PM EST]:
Nextel has confirmed the data network outage is Nearly Nationwide and they are working on it.
Last edited by ATSupport on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
frosty

outage

Post by frosty »

mine quit responding about 11 am to day
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Please also post your State if you have an outage.
AccuTracking Support
pomah

outage

Post by pomah »

Outage is everywhere WI, IL, PA, MA, NJ, OK. This is were my units are, so I know this for shure
Edude

Outage?

Post by Edude »

I'm having problems today in the DC, MD, VA area.

So how long do these outages normally last?

Will this outage lock up my phone (i455) to where I need to power cycle the units or do the phones recover?

Should I see alot of cached data when it comes back?

Thanks...
seagate

stopped reporting

Post by seagate »

we have a number of them in the midwest, oh, mi, in, ky all stopped reporting
user

Post by user »

FL seems to be hit and miss...
Muffin

Not Working

Post by Muffin »

Shucks - the darn rascals are not working. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: Outage?

Post by ATSupport »

No need to power cycle. The phone will resume automatically when the network is back. You'll likely see lots of cached data later.
Edude wrote:I'm having problems today in the DC, MD, VA area.

So how long do these outages normally last?

Will this outage lock up my phone (i455) to where I need to power cycle the units or do the phones recover?

Should I see alot of cached data when it comes back?

Thanks...
AccuTracking Support
Anna

My Boost i455 tracking is out too. Pa and Central NJ!

Post by Anna »

Good Luck everyone! In Eastern Pa to Central NJ, Accutracking is not able to p/u the signal from my Boost i455! Boost mobile customer service department can't assist you and there is no form of telephone customer service available to contact Accutracing! How fustrating is this! Do ya feel like going postal!? LOL I only use my phone for a tracking device! Do I get a credit for Accutracking's netowrk problem, whick by the wayhappens quite often. When does this end????? :? :?

Post by guest »

Anna,

Please read above... its not accu tracking's glitch... it is your phone service (Boost, Nextel)... Their data network is not working right so your phone can not transmit data to accu tracking's server...
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Re: My Boost i455 tracking is out too. Pa and Central NJ!

Post by ATSupport »

Hi Anna,

I definitely understand the situation and the frustration but this is caused by Nextel network and out of our reach. If you check this forum for outage announcements, you'll see outages usually last from hours to days, varying by areas.

Though we don't have phone support, we have reacted very quickly to the outage via our email and support ticket system (thinking of the flood of tickets coming in today). We are almost the first one to post the possible outage announcement among the competitors and other online forums.

Cheer up and it'll be back! :)

P.S. You should call Nextel customer service for network outage details as Boost is using Nextel's network.
Anna wrote:Good Luck everyone! In Eastern Pa to Central NJ, Accutracking is not able to p/u the signal from my Boost i455! Boost mobile customer service department can't assist you and there is no form of telephone customer service available to contact Accutracing! How fustrating is this! Do ya feel like going postal!? LOL I only use my phone for a tracking device! Do I get a credit for Accutracking's netowrk problem, whick by the wayhappens quite often. When does this end????? :? :?
AccuTracking Support
anon

texas is out

Post by anon »

texas is out
Pomah

for AT

Post by Pomah »

We all know that boost/nextel sucks

FoR accutracking support: are you considering to use different carrier because this boost/nextel crap makes you great idea useless?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Currently Motorola iDEN phones carried by Nextel and Boost are the only phones that provide open GPS access to third party developers. We are keeping eyes on the new phones as they come out.
AccuTracking Support