AccuTracking Mobile Site Launch

News release and discussion.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

AccuTracking Mobile Site Launch

Post by ATSupport »

The AccuTracking Mobile Site is available at http://mobile.accutracking.com. You can now track from mobile devices with a web browser. The mobile site will provide the latest tracking info with map display, the alerts and message history.

For example:
Phone A (a Boost i415) has AccuTracking installed and running. You can track it from phone B (a Cingular LG phone). Just open the web browser on phone B and go to the AccuTracking mobile site.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
copter

Post by copter »

Will this work with free accounts? Thanks
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

No it won't. Free service is on maintenance only so no new features are added to free accounts any more.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

Url provided in the posting above works fine and I can navigate my Nextel i870 to the login page but I get an error for the php server.

Details provided upon request
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Please email support the following:

- The page that gives the error
- Error details.

Thanks!
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

Tried it again this Sunday night and all is well.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

A very nice improvement! I tried it out on a Sony Erricson t630 phone, Cingular service. Works fine.

But maybe I have a problem:

I can easily set mobile.accutracting.com as a bookmark on this phone. This works ok. But everytime I turn on the browser and click on the bookmark I have to re-enter my name and passcode. A little tedious. What would be really great would be if the site/browser remembered me (of course after the first time of putting in the correct name/passcode) and went straight thru without inputting the name/passcode. This way, if I set mobile.accutracting.com as the home page, I could press a single button on the side of the phone and go straight to the location page!

Possible? Or is the problem on my end?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

The mobile site detects phone browser versions and redirects to different pages based on the browser capability. We are making changes to the site to be more compatible with your phone. Soon you'll see the "Remember me" options from the root page. Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by ATSupport on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

Yes, that worked! One push of the "On-line" button and its there!
raphaelsmith

Post by raphaelsmith »

i am still using the free version but am thinking about switching to the paid 1 ... from all that i have read i think the paid may be better .... since this new addon has caught my eye .. but first i need to know if i can view from my phones browser.. i am using the sidekick 3.. and just want to make sure because once i switch i dont think i will be able to switch back
:( .. and when i was using my phones browser to pull up the maps it will have the map at the top and my green arrow at the bottom not even on the map...

p.s if you have a pic of how the map would look from the phone that would be good too.... :lol: thanks in advance
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

You can view the demo from your phone to see how it looks. Just go to the mobile site and login with username: demo, password: demo.

Also, you can still keep your free account while sign up a paid account. They are on separate system so it's not a "switch" but an addition. I think you can install both free and paid software on the same phone. Or you can uninstall either of them. The free version for the phone is still available for download in case you do want to switch back.
AccuTracking Support
fauxjack1

Why Yahoo Maps and not Google

Post by fauxjack1 »

Why are the maps used for the mobile service from Yahoo and not Google
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

It's as nice as Google's, isn't it? :) The reason is Yahoo maps are easier to implement for non-javascript browsers, which most phones have.
AccuTracking Support

Post by Guest »

The demo fails on my web-enabled phone. I have a Nokia 3120b and when I go to mobile.accutracking.com from that phone, I get "Response Unknown." If there's a way to see more of an error message, I don't know what it is.

I read here that the mobile site detects your phone's browser capabilities and auto-adjusts. Maybe that's where the problem is, if my phone is misleading the server about its capabilities, or something else is going wrong in that handshake. Would it be possible for you to set up a URL for really, really dumb phones? Something that sends plain text as the status report, and links to a small map, all without trying to query or adjust to browser capabilities? I don't know, something like "mobile.accutracking.com/simple"?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

You can try mobile.accutracking.com/index.wml directly from your phone. That's the most basic WAP compatible page.
AccuTracking Support