AT&T network outage this morning

News release and discussion.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

AT&T network outage this morning

Post by ATSupport »

AT&T had a roaming network outage this morning from 1AM~6AM EDT. It has now been resolved but your tracker may take some time to get online.

The tracker has the capability of "cache and send later" when there's no cell network connection.
When it recovers later, the data from earlier morning would be re-sent and you'll see them in the history.

Apologies again and please wait for your device to reconnect and come back online. It could take up to one or two hours once the vehicle starts moving.
Please do not hesitate contact us with your account info if your device is still offline: https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php

Here's the updates we received from our SIM provider (new updates are posted as we receive them):
Mon 5/21/2018 3:30 AM EDT
AT&T traffic incident
An emergency engineering team has been called out investigate data session issues on the AT&T network in the USA. Their signalling shows that there is currently SCCP congestion on the network and this has been escalated appropriately.

We will provide further updates as they become available.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.
Mon 5/21/2018 7:00 AM
AT&T traffic incident
Our apologies for the delay - We understand that AT&T's previous roaming congestion issue has been now been resolved.
However, the network engineers now need to mitigate the traffic congestion on the SCCP caused by the volume of devices which started to reconnect all at once after receiving signaling responses.

We will now be able to provide more regular updates.
Please let us know should you have any questions
Mon 5/21/2018 8:10 AM
AT&T traffic incident
The network engineers have confirmed that AT&T's roaming congestion issue has been resolved.
However, with an influx of customers now trying to attach this is causing congestion - regardless of which network they're trying to attach to. Our engineers are working to increase the number of transactions able to attach.
Updates will be provided as soon as they become available.
Thank you for your patience.
AT&T traffic incident
Mon 5/21/2018 10:27 AM
Following the AT&T's issue in the US, an increased number of new connection attempts has overwhelmed the GRX provider of the network, resulting in dropping new requests.
The engineering team is closely working with the GRX provider in order to increase bandwidth which would permit more transactions per second.
We are in close contact with the network managers in order to accelerate the resolution procedure.
We will provide the next update as soon as it becomes available.
Mon 5/21/2018 12:13 PM
AT&T traffic incident
The engineering team is closely working with the GRX provider in order to expand bandwidth and enable an ease in congestion caused by the service incident on AT&T US.

The congestion is mainly affecting services using ANSI protocol which is the American Standard for Protocol Specification for Interfacing to Data Communication Networks.

Users outside the US who may have experienced service disruptions should see their devices progressively coming back online.

We will provide the next update as soon as it becomes available.

Mon 5/21/2018 2:16 PM
AT&T traffic incident
The GRX provider has been able to expand bandwidth capacity.

The congestion is mainly affecting services using ANSI protocol which is the American Standard for Protocol Specification for Interfacing to Data Communication Networks.

We have seen devices coming back online..

AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Suffolk tent

Re: AT&T network outage this morning

Post by Suffolk tent »

This is the second time in the past two weeks we lost service, I need to get in touch with a customer service Rep regarding compensation. Please provide me with a contact number I can call. thanks
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Suffolk tent wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:05 am This is the second time in the past two weeks we lost service, I need to get in touch with a customer service Rep regarding compensation. Please provide me with a contact number I can call. thanks
I deeply apologize for the trouble! Once you submit the ticket from the link in the previous post, our phone number is shown on the webpage. You can also login to your account and click the help button with the question mark icon on the bottom of the map where our phone number is listed.
AccuTracking Support
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Update: As of now AT&T network has returned to normal. If your tracker is still offline, please contact us and request for a manual SIM refresh:
https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php
AccuTracking Support