TK373 tracking disruption

News release and discussion.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

TK373 tracking disruption

Post by ATSupport »

Our SIM card provider for TK373 has informed us some intermittent network degradation this morning caused over their network migration last night.

"An unexpected traffic spike, due to the amount of device connections to our network resulted in restricting new connections. Existing connections already in place should not have been affected. Our team kept monitoring and the traffic has been back to normal since then. Additional resilience has been put in place in order to avoid similar situations in the future."

Some of our users have reported lost tracking this morning. Please let us know and follow this thread for updates.

We are working with our SIM provider for the a quick resolution thank you for your patience.

[UPDATE 10:03 EDT]
The issue has been identified as not related to the migration last night. This is a AT&T wireless network outage in some regions. Quoted from the SIM provider:
"We have just send out a mailer as we observed some intermittent issues on the AT&T network in the US. This is not related to the migration but an issue an AT&T side. We are looking for a fast resolution and will update you as soon as possible."

Based on our user reports, looks like the outage is mostly at east coast (FL, NY) and TX. No west coast users reported tracking problems yet (or simply because of the time zone difference west coast business hours not yet started).

[UPDATE 11:14 EDT]
From the SIM provider:
"...Devices appear unable to establish data sessions. Existing connections already in place should not have been affected...
The issue has been raised with the AT&T Network engineers who are working towards a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Updates will be provided as soon as they become available."

We also got users from CA reporting outage as well.

[UPDATE 11:47AM EDT]
Haven't got the official update from AT&T yet but devices are starting to come back online gradually. Will update once more update is available.

[UPDATE: 12:23PM EDT]
AT&T has confirmed the issue has been resolved. Trackers should come back online once the vehicle starts moving. If you still see tracking issues please contact us with your account info here:
https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php

Thanks to everyone affected by this outage for the patience and understanding!
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
Kidd

Re: TK373 tracking Interruption

Post by Kidd »

Tracking apparently lost this morning
Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Am Still without tracking. Anything I can do?
JWaldman

Post by JWaldman »

we are without tracking this morning also
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Also without tracking

Need it to work
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

I sincerely apologize. Our SIM provider is working on mitigating the flush of the incoming traffic on their network. Meanwhile, if your device is offline, please let us know your account name by a ticket https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php and we'll try to manually refresh your SIM card connection so your device can retry the connection.
AccuTracking Support
Avi

Post by Avi »

Without tracking here as well.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Just got an update from the SIM network provider that the issues were narrowed down to the connection with AT&T wireless network and they are still working on it.
From our past experience this usually takes a few hours to fix. I'll update here and appreciate your patience.
AccuTracking Support
JoeKidd

Post by JoeKidd »

Thanks for the prompt update...
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

Another update: the issue has been identified as not related to the migration last night. This is an AT&T wireless network outage in some regions.

Based on our user reports, looks like the outage is mostly at east coast (FL, NY) and TX. No west coast users reported tracking problems yet (or simply because of the time zone difference west coast business hours not yet started).
AccuTracking Support
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Any Idea how much longer this will be?
Will there be any compensation for the users?
Jonnb33

Post by Jonnb33 »

No service, my service is not working when will it be returned will my service be returned today and what time will it be returned
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

We didn't get an ETA from the network provider but from our experience it usually takes a few hours once the issue is identified.
Here's last outage from 2017 that lasted for about 4~12 hours depending on the regions: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2269
AccuTracking Support
bmwlaser

Post by bmwlaser »

No tracking can I get a full refund.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

bmwlaser wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 am No tracking can I get a full refund.
I apologize again - please contact us https://secure.accutracking.com/contact.php
Lost service hours/days caused by network outage can be credited to the account as service.

We are working with the network provider to get the service back as our top priority and thank you for your patience and understanding.
AccuTracking Support