New Starter Kits Now Available

News release and discussion.
froggieg

Re: New Starter Kits Now Available

Post by froggieg »

I ordered and have received Accutracking's TK104 starter kit. I have it up and running, but I cannot figure out what commands to send it to make it:

Track automatically at 20 second intervals, then when no motion is detected, go to sleep, then wake up and start tracking when motion is detected.

I've set it to "Track with unlimited times" at 20 second intervals, and added a "Sleep by time command," and also tried "Sleep by shock sensor." I've also tried using the "GPS drift suppression," but nothing makes it go to sleep and it continues to track at 20 second intervals. Should I use the "Smart track upon time and distance interval" command? I'm confused. :?

Maybe I need to clear everything out and start over but can you tell me what to do, exactly, and in what order to make it do what I want? Also, the instruction booklet that came with it is quite vague. A full, detailed tutorial about how to set this tracker up with better explanations of the commands would be very helpful. Thanks for your help. :)
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

For TK104, the command "sleep123456 shock" will activate the motion sensor. To set update at every 20s, text "fix020s005n123456".
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
froggieg

Post by froggieg »

ATSupport wrote:For TK104, the command "sleep123456 shock" will activate the motion sensor. To set update at every 20s, text "fix020s005n123456".
What is the difference between that command and "fix020s***n123456"? I thought the above command would only give you 5 updates then stop. As I said, the manual is not clear about this.

UPDATE: Ok, I tried that, and it seems to work, but even though my vehicle is still at the moment, the location jumps around and makes the unit start tracking again for 5 more times. I've added the "GPS drift suppression" command and that is helping to eliminate false indications of movement.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

My bad. Should be fix020s***n123456.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
froggieg

Post by froggieg »

Well, after some experimenting, I still could not get the unit to stop updating and go to sleep. I set it to update continuously every 20 seconds and enabled the "Sleep by shock sensor" along with the "GPS drift suppression." Even with the drift suppression set, it would not stop updating and go to sleep, and my car was in the garage and the data showed the exact same GPS point for more than 30 minutes.

The only way I got it to stop automatically updating was to also set the "Smart track upon time and distance interval" (#6.3, page 16 in the booklet). I set it to 20 meters (distance123456 0020) and that works. No more continuous updating when the car is standing still. But I don't know why the "GPS drift suppression" did not also make it stop sending updates as that's what it's supposed to do. (#8, page 17 in the booklet).

So here are the commands I have entered, with 123456 being a generic password. Subsitute your own when entering:

fix020s***n123456
distance123456 0020
suppress123456
sleep123456 shock

Hope this helps someone else. 8)