My i730 Nightmare... For Your Info..

News release and discussion.
zac123

My i730 Nightmare... For Your Info..

Post by zac123 »

My experence with Nextel and Motorola; In short, Not Good !! I have the i730 phone and the GPS was working in the beginning.. When it went out I called Nextel and they told me in a few weeks the software will be out to fix it. When it came out I used my data cable to load the fix into the phone, but it would not work. The software had a problem with the phone and customer support by Nextel and Motorola did not know what to do. There was one teck that blamed it on Microsofts Service Pack 2 for the reason the software would not update the phone. Motorola told me to take it to a service center, when I called local service centers they all told me I would have to leave the phone for a day or two because they were so busy doing updates and it takes 3 or 4 hours to do the update. Im not sure I believe that !! I had no time for that so I called nextel and complained , this guy said he has been through this many times. I was told if the software was not able to update the phone then the phone was faulty. They sent out a new i730 to me, I had it in two days and the GPS works fine. The Software version in the phone is the new release. Now Im here trying to get all this to work. The problem now is when the phone attempts to send the data after getting a fix it cant for some reason. I have the updated version of Accutrack in the cell phone and have the Total connect package from Nextel, I made the propper setting in the GPS privacy options but after getting a position the cell is unable to connect to send the gathered data. Im lost !! If any one has been through this and got it to work Please let me know hot to make it work...
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

FYI, if you just ordered the Total Connect Plan from Nextel, it usually takes about 2~3 days before it's actually activated.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
wildetag

no problem here

Post by wildetag »

i had no problem doing my upgrade or update.....did mine this afternoon....doing the o'lady's tonite...........later