10 seconds update rate available

News release and discussion.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

10 seconds update rate available

Post by ATSupport »

We now have 10 seconds update in v3.4.0 for iDEN phones and Blackberry phones. Not yet available on Windows Mobile and Android phones.

Just enable the "Hot GPS" option in AccuTracking on the phone and it'll refresh and send your position every 10 seconds (roughly. The actual interval may vary, depending on the time for acquiring position and send data over the network. You could see actual interval between 8~12 second).

You can also now specify the auto refresh rate on the full screen tracking map with the slider, adjustable between every 10~110 seconds.
AccuTracking Support
support(at)accutracking.com
dsomerfield

Re: 10 seconds update rate available

Post by dsomerfield »

Any chance the 10 second update will be enabled for Android in the coming future?

Thanks.
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

That'd drain out the battery very fast. iDEN phones are cheap and used by many as dedicated tracking phone so they are hooked to the charger all the time. Smart phones like Android are expensive and carried by people without charging. That's why we don't have that feature.

With that being said, adding it is not difficult.
AccuTracking Support
junior1

Post by junior1 »

Any chance there can be a 3 sec update for those who will be using the tk102 ?
ATSupport
AccuTracking Staff

Post by ATSupport »

For dedicated trackers like tk102 you can configure them at any update rate. Just check the device manual.
AccuTracking Support
junior1

Post by junior1 »

So if i set the device to 3 sec update intervals will the accutracking website update the device position at the same 3 sec intervals ? Thanks for replying to my posts, makes paying customers feel like they are not just a number in your pocket etc.. I had registered long time ago, but didn't stick around do to the 1 minute update intervals, i think that's what it was back then. Now you have improved accutracking to 10sec intervals, and along with other good features, so looks like i will stick around this time.. keep up the good hard work... :D